2 Texas Hogs

Discussion in 'Feral Pig Control and Hunting' started by alangawry, Oct 9, 2017.

1. alangawry

alangawry

Shot these 2 a few weeks ago on my deer lease in San Saba, Texas. There were about 10 of them out in a oat patch eating. They were about 70 yards away, shot em with my .223.
    2 hogs in the freezer, waiting to go on the pit. hog.JPG

jps, Nostromo and Albaman like this.
  2. alangawry

alangawry

Here are a few more pictures of hogs we have killed all at our lease over the last couple years.
    First one is my nephew with ones we caught in our trap, everything caught in the trap dies.
    The 2 & 3 pict are from a night hunt, my son and his cousins killed about 10-15 last summer spotlighting them at night.
    The last 2 are some hogs i killed. The 3 pigs were in a group of about 10-15, the AR works wonders on pig control. My AR is my favorite hog gun.

Attached Files:

3. dapakattack

dapakattack

Congratulations! Looks like fun. How long have you been in TX?

4. Rockokloco

Rockokloco

Loads of fun isn't it. We've been hunting between Pontotoc and Fredonia for the last 12 years. Only been skunked one year when it was bone dry. There was no water on the property, so all the hogs moves out.We do some night hunting, some archery. But usually there is a lot of lead flying. We (my six brothers and I) try to go every year. It's a long drive from Michigan, but worth it.

5. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Can you give us some details ? # of acres and cost of lease. How many and how large are the bucks that you have taken ? Is there a family member in Texas that set up the lease to start with ?

L & O

6. alangawry

alangawry

All my life, 50 yrs

7. Collins

Collins

Totally worth it!