2 graphs with 1 Navionics chip?

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by Jim_MI, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Jim_MI

Jim_MI

I have a Raymarine Dragonfly with Navionics-Plus chip on my kayak. I want to get something for the ice that will use the same chip so I can move it back-and-forth between graphs, rather than having to buy a second dedicated chip. Ideally, the new graph should be a combo GPS unit that I can move it into my wife's kayak in the spring. That probably means separate ice and skimmer style transducers. Flasher is not an option since trolling is mostly what we do in the yaks.
    1) Any issues uploading or downloading from a Nav chip that "lives" in 2 different graphs?
    2) Any specific recommendations for the ice / 2nd yak graph? I would like to keep cost < $500, but get good detail on the bottom 6" of water for jigging walleye in the winter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

2. KirtH

KirtH

You should be able to just remove the card from one and install it in the other unit. The data is stored on the card not in the sonar.

3. bobberbill

bobberbill

Take a look at the new Humminbird Helix G2's.. In your price range, ice/open water, GPS, diff units, diff options.

4. Jim_MI

Jim_MI

Thanks for the replies. The Humminbird looks like it just works with Lakemaster bathymetry maps, though. I need something that will work with Navionics.

5. bobberbill

bobberbill

Pretty sure my Helix G2 works with Nav. I'll check..
    From Hummminbird:
    Humminbird's TriFuel Cartography offers the ONIX or ION owner the ability to use various CMAP, Navionics and LAKEMASTER chart formats.

Looks like Onix/Ion... Not Helix models..

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  6. Jim_MI

Jim_MI

Yes, I saw that listed under "Legacy support" so I assumed that those (Onix & Ion) were older models.