1979 Garcia fishing annual....

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by 50incher, Jul 29, 2020.

1. 50incher

50incher

This is for tincannary and all who like a little old stuff, lol....we used to buy the Garcia mag. every year, only one I have now, & I have some of their smaller "books" on camping & fishing too (somewhere)....annual cost $1.65 not $1.70, lol !!!....good stuff.... DSCN0190.JPG DSCN0191.JPG DSCN0192.JPG
    Full image so you can zoom in, lol....cheers....annual is from 1979....

zig, -db-, Lund Explorer and 3 others like this.
  2. Jeffish74

Jeffish74

The sentence “ a Garcia purchased today could very well be the reel you pass on to your grandchildren 30 years from now. “
    Looks like the target crowd to sell one of these reels to was in there 40s.
    I have a 35 anniversary reel by them that gets 100+hours a year on it and it’s still my go to reel. My dad has one 20 years older and it’s in perfect working order.
    Thanks for the post 50.

50incher likes this.

3. tincanary

tincanary

That is really cool, thank you for sharing that. I'm actually on a hunt for a reel from that era, a 1500C. It's the smallest Ambassadeur made and they're very popular with trout fishermen in Japan. All kinds of parts are made for them; shallow honeycomb spools, one piece aluminum frames with a low reel seat, magnetic braking systems, you name it. No I don't need it, but it's a reel I've wanted for a very long time, just haven't stumbled on one at a price I'm willing to pay.