Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Liver and Onions, Nov 14, 2020.
Lol that made me laugh
I agree there are certainly people like that...do you think they make up a majority of the pro mask crowd? I would say the vaccine is good news sureshot. There is good news that does come out, at least the stock market recognizes that.
Certainly is good news. Great news actually. Only bad part is I just saw a survey that said 20% are saying sign me up. 40% want to wait til after the first 20%. Race and education correlate to being more likely to refuse a vaccine. I'm trying to remain optimistic that once it gets rolled out to the masses and more data is available, more will be open to vaccination.
There is an easy way to report these things. Its a button on each post. You can even report moderators posts if you want. We'll get to see what was reported and if deemed necessary, some sort of action will be taken.
May have been the best sports news in the last 10 years!
2 weeks ago on 60 minutes they had polled Doctors and Nurses in Philadelphia about the vaccines, 60% of the doctors and 40% of the nurses said they would refuse the vaccines.
On a side note...... if all of us feeling good, healthy people would go and get tested (and test negative), it would lower the percentage of positives below 15%. Then they could open the economy again.
One of the docs I work for called me the other day and after we got done talking he said, make sure you aren't one of the first ones to get the vaccine. He also said he isn't saying to not get it, just don't be in the first waves. I'm fine to be last in line for that sucker and I'm not an anti-vaccer by any means. I am an anti rushed-vaccer tho.
I'm hoping for Harbaugh gets another contract!! That will be the best news ever!
There's been a pretty large anti-vax group around for quite some time. Mostly a bunch of college educated young white women based on my anecdotal evidence. You know...those chicks pushing the "essential oils" and vegan diet stuff. I've been seen that crap on fakebook for 10 years or so.
But what about that race thingy? What race(s) are anti?
I didn't say anti. This was specific to covid vaccine.
The specific races mentioned were hispanic and black (forgive me if that's not the proper term). The concern was the groups hardest hit would refuse a vaccine.
Are you sure they are college educated?
My wife deals with the essential oils freaks all the time. She has horrible allergies/asthma and there are 1 or 2 of the oils that give her fits. She is a dental hygienst and has to deal with these people who lather up in oil before coming in.
The other day this dolt of a woman came into her office. With the new covid protocals patients have to swish with peroxide twice during a cleaning to cut down on dangerous aerosols. This woman refused and said she was good because she swished with one of her oils just before coming into the office and that cleansed any germs. My wife said the stench of this oil was terrible even through her n95 mask. The oil made her mouth slippery and tough to deal with. My wife said she would rather have a patient who chowed a few oreos in the wating room vs essential oil nuts.
I updated the reply.
And I deleted my question. Thanks, I was curious...and suspecting.
Well I thought higher education and more affluent areas generally had lower rates of vaccination overall but I'm not positive on that. And I don't really understand the logic. I have read that only 1% or so of people will change their minds when presented facts. The other 99% find other ways to support their preexisting belief.