11/22/20 LFTS

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Badfishmi, Nov 22, 2020.

1. jakeo

jakeo

Thank you very much but I'm SS for your loss.
    Only other thing like this happen to a friend years ago. He shot a big buck , called and I went to help him as I had access to a front end loader. When field dressing something was wrong ( we both thought the same) with the aroma but figured it was just us "city boys" Hung overnight and took to butcher in the AM and butcher stated same so no meat but wanted the head so taxidermist was next stop.
    A few months later the taxi's barn burnt..........bad luck deer all around.
    I'm going to find the only pics .

2. Hoytman5

Hoytman5

Exciting morning so far. I had does coming out of the old orchard right at first light and could tell right away they were on edge. I hade 7 deer in the field all at once and then all of a sudden 5 more came flying out of a ravine with a good buck chasing them. It was exciting to watch but unfortunately too far for a shot. Hoping he chases back into the fields closer to me! Thank god for my heater and a Yeti full of coffee this morning. All the deer had frost on their backs this morning.
    C0127259-C307-434A-BD56-9FB297C8B470.jpeg

3. Locked and Nocked

Locked and Nocked

Been slow all week in southern mi. Worst gun season in quite a few years. So far another skunk session this morning. Neighbors shot a few times so they aren't burrowed underground

atking, 1morebite and welder72 like this.
  4. Stubee

Stubee

Just had an interesting buck appear. He came outta the woods where the scrape was just reopened and he picked up the earlier does trail and followed it, licking his lips etc. He had four up on his left side but zero up on his right and no brow tines. So an oddball or more likely a lotta breaking from fighting. He was decent sized and dark coated like the older deer here sometimes are but I didn’t shoot. What he had as a rack was nice. Might be the same dark racked buck that raced by me in the valley one night just before end light. I know lots of hunters can’t pick it up but the rut smell around here today is ohh the charts.

5. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Finally a cell signal. SE wind, high 20s and frosty. Stand sites are limited for this wind. I’m hunting the edge of a hay field with a brassica plot to my East that is above a couple of ravines.

6. Team Camo

Team Camo Premium Member

SE Sanilac... Nephew finally listened to me and lowered his standards way down. This would have been year three without him taking a deer off the property . Plenty of opportunities just not what he's looking for likes them wall hangers for sure. This morning was his last hunt then has to head home. He did say he almost let this one have a pass also to see if anything was behind it... Decided to drop it and at least take home some deer this year. :)
    450 not even a 20 yard shot dropped in tracks
    IMG_20201122_085207048.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  7. My buddy who is only 300 yards away just shot a nice buck!

I have seen one doe and two spikes....was going to shoot the doe but she spooked.

Great morning!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3X8, U of M Fan, jonnyb and 32 others like this.
  8. Horseshoe

Horseshoe

8 antlerless and a young 8 point so far. Pretty steady rain falling now. 20201122_083509.jpg 20201122_084826.jpg

9. Macs13

Macs13

I wonder if the DNR would afford you another antlered tag if your butcher, or was it taxidermist, turns the body over to them for whatever kind of testing/affirmation that they would need. I'm sure you've thought of your options but I thought I'd ask

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

10. bigmayer

bigmayer

Might have to call it here shortly. Back to reality. It’s been real, it’s been fun, but it ain’t been real fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

11. Doghouse 5

Doghouse 5

426 , you always seem too have nice or unique rifles!!!
    I like !!

12. Doghouse 5

Doghouse 5

That is a very good point !!!!

Carpenter Bill likes this.
  13. retired dundo

retired dundo

Congrats to him

Doghouse 5 and Team Camo like this.
  14. CDN1

CDN1

vote for post of the year lmao. I am constantly picking burrs too!

15. Hoytman5

Hoytman5