11/21 LFTS

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Dynrat, Nov 21, 2020 at 5:15 AM.

1. crossneyes

crossneyes

Well neither hero or zero. Had several bucks in range no shooters! Saw a couple baldies but they didn't look very big either.
    Fun night!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 6:49 AM
    NEW HUDSON WALT likes this.
  2. mofo

mofo

I’m 3 miles south of there thank you

snortwheeze likes this.

3. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

I bring the Meijer fold up camp chairs with me. Have built up brush blinds on the ground that conceal 90% of my movement.
    Than I stream some Netflix and enjoy the day.
    If sitting all day is an issue vary your hunts longer am and pm hunts, mixed in with some mid day hunt.
    I been know to go out about 930 tob11:30 and hunt till 2 or 4.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

4. pescadero

pescadero Premium Member

Sitting in a pop-up, with adequate food and water, in a fold up camping chair... I can make it about half a day... as long as it is above abut 25 degrees and not windy.

5. retired dundo

retired dundo

Congrats sound like hell of exciting night

Flight of the arrow likes this.
  6. Former grunt

Former grunt

Didn't pay attention to mofo posting the wrong date yesterday little tired. Anyways long day deer were on the move though, went in at first light to a preset hang on to discover someone had stole it since I set it up Tuesday mid day. Decided to just still hunt to a 2 track to my west then turn. Wasn't about 20 yard away from the small ridge thicket the tree I was gonna be sitting in when I heard some moving thru behind me. Spotted em coming along the ridge on their trail, the first 2 stopped in thick stuff where I couldn't see em, the 3 rd have me a 3 inch shot window thru the saplings so I sent it, double lung shot but due to her angle and facing downwards it hit the crop sack and came out the left side high. 2 step death wobble. The other 4 ran off. Still hunted till 11 then dragged the doe out. Evening hunt I decided to do the same thing but different area, passed on a spike and couple of does cause my buddy texted said he shot 2 does and I knew I was likely in for a long night. We lost blood on both his deer, he's going to look again this morning.

Attached Files:

7. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

Late post.
    Was hearing a few more shots this morning. Buddy took a small deer at 815am. The shooting stood steady till about 10.
    Was not planning an all day sit, but found out I was blocked in at the parking spot, and had to work that night.
    So at 1pm I hooked the headphones up and started to stream Hulu.
    At 1:10 I looked out and notice a new shadow in the pines at 140 yards. Picked up the binos and the shadow had eyes. So got the gun up, and the deer froze behind a large tree for a few minutes, than hops across the shooting lane.
    That is when I notice another deer following. I waited until she came past the big tree and let her have it at 145 yards.
    Did not realize how big she was, as her Grey coat blended so well in this area.
    Was very nice to finally see deer again.
    Last deer I seen on stand was October 3rd.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
    View attachment 606655

Former grunt likes this.
  8. wildcoy73

wildcoy73