11/16 LFTS

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by dinoday, Nov 16, 2020.

1. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

Message U of M Fan he is up there.

welder72 likes this.
  2. Northriver Rabbit

Northriver Rabbit

Completely for got pictures with the doe tonight. Forgot how it was so exciting to shoot a deer with dad when your 5 and 4. Wonderful night. Congrats to all who scored today and those who will. My season is done for now maybe one more late doe.

3. retired dundo

retired dundo

Congrats awful important to keep wife happy. Your lucky she likes venison.I see so many people I know where there wife don’t like venison.Use to feel sorry for my brother when he came home from hunting trip and said he didn’t get one his family said good job they didn’t like venison so he had to eat it by him self

Gone Coastal and old graybeard like this.
  4. retired dundo

retired dundo

5. J D

J D

Gotta be a web cam in the area also to check

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. retired dundo

retired dundo

Congrats

7. Swampdog467

Swampdog467

Back home to Michigan, Van Buren and Iosco
    Any updates? Let us know what you found. Good luck!

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

vsmorgantown likes this.
  8. NWMichiganOutdoors

NWMichiganOutdoors

9. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

Worst/quietest first 2 days of gun in 32 years on the property. First time we didn't pull the trigger. Not surprising given the lack of trailcam action. Did see 5 or 6 different yearling bucks.

On the opener there were 10 or so shots all on one property, a 40 acre parcel, pretty close to where I was. They only hunted Sunday. One shot close to me today. Other than that, by FAR the least shooting I've ever heard for the opener. Probably a combination of poor deer herd this year, weather and covid concerns.

But with less shooting this year comes the prospect of a bountiful 2021 (if the country doesn't implode).

Former grunt, Milosh and Gone Coastal like this.
  10. ckosal

ckosal Addicted2hunting4 Premium Member

Interesting feedback from the woods compared to the butcher. Went and picked up my bow hunting buck i shot at butcher today. I asked if they have been slow as i heard a total of 3 shots yesterday and my neighbor still hunting today told me at 4 he heard 1. The butcher said today was the busiest day they have ever had.

This could be because so many places are not doing deer? Smokehouse still not taking deer. Etc. I heard with my own ears the quiet (other than trees falling). I cannot remember an opener where i heard no shots after 2. We have a good assortments of sparkies. 1.5/2.5 4 and 6 pts. And a couple of 1.5 8s. Happy if there is no pressure and they can all make it through.

Next weekend will be interesting. I am hearing mixed feedback from buddies about whether they are hunting. I do agree with the above post... bow hunters were in the field more than normal. I can say i made it out for at least an afternoon if not more for every weekend of archery. That is a first for me. And that is for sure playing in to the fact i probably won't make it this weekend. From my calls with buddies, the same is true for several.

sureshot006 likes this.
  11. sureshot006

I think its probably very localized. Can't suck everywhere.

12. Waif

Waif

I'll gamble fair weather will bring more hunters, hunter hours , and more shooting into play.
    For some , plenty of time to kill remains if you're not eager to deal with a kill just yet. If they've even been out for more than a brief sit yet.

The half dozen shots on the firearm opener near me hinted of selective targets.
    Those better bucks folks knew of from scouting , cams, and bowhunting is my guess.

Gone Coastal likes this.
  13. Waif

Waif

I dunno.
    I've had a couple years before where everywhere I went , it sucked...:lol:

14. sureshot006

The monarch of the woods. Biggest buck I saw. Sat sun up to sun down for 2 days.

Screenshot_20201116-083903_Gallery.jpg

15. Waif

Waif

Congrats!

sureshot006 likes this.