11/16 LFTS

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by dinoday, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Muskegonbow

Muskegonbow

Saw 12 tonight only one small buck. Snow was blasting me in the face most of the hunt.

2. fishx65

fishx65

Very cool. I used to take the vertical out during gun season for years but these days I just stay home and catch up on things before the Dec.1st opener. I still like December bow hunting especially when I gotta use the snowmobile to get back to state land spots. I'm hoping Ma Nature dumps a ton of snow on the NW13 starting in December.

Hoytman5 likes this.

3. Pasquan

Pasquan

Did a short evening hunt in some thick stuff behind my house...ended up having my #2 deer walk in but couldnt get a shot on him because he came from a different way than i patterned him and couldnt swing 180 to get a shot off because i wasnt in a blind just sitting up against a tree...hes a big bodied 9 with a wide short rack...didnt spook him and he walked off just before dark

vsmorgantown, Sprytle, jeffm and 2 others like this.
  4. Hoytman5

Hoytman5

I’ll be out there with you. First year in a long time I haven’t tagged a buck before gun season. No biggie, gives me reason to try for my first late season buck ever. Good luck.

5. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

Must be near me. Cant believe how little shooting i am hearing on state game area this season.
    Sent from my SM-N960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

dinoday likes this.
  6. skinl19

skinl19

A lot of people are posting about how slow it has been in sightings, or how few shots they have heard compared to the previous years. I wonder if any of it has to do with increased pressure during bow season? Here in the lower SE I have seen more people hunting during archery season than I have before. Don't know about the rest of the state but was thinking this may have had an impact on deer movement.

7. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

21...not sure what he's counting..

CONGRATS OGB !

Not a deer for me

8. old graybeard

old graybeard

Now that's just awesome! Great buck, congrats

vsmorgantown likes this.
  9. Jimbos

Jimbos Banned

My issue is nothing more then the weather still being decent, and the wind.
    I see way more deer when the weather goes to hell and there's snow on the ground.
    They come up into the hills to bed in the draws and spruce and they feed on my neighbors lawns and bushes.
    Throw in the heavy wind and the deer that I have seen have been running.

NightEyE and vsmorgantown like this.
  10. Macs13

Macs13

Hey now. The safety was still on when I dropped the gun out of the tree and the branch isn't rotten.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

John Hine, anagranite, caj33 and 2 others like this.
  11. Macs13

Macs13

12. NWMichiganOutdoors

NWMichiganOutdoors

13. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

Primary factor on opening day was weather. Less hunters went afield and they didn't stay on stand as long due to to the adverse conditions.

A long term trend is an increasingly higher percentage of total deer hunters participate in archery season. It's common for archery season participants to not place the same importance on firearm season as those who only firearm hunt. Never before has firearm season been less of a big deal than it is now and that trend is likely to continue, as it's rare for the younger generation of hunters to prefer firearm over archery season.

14. wannabapro

wannabapro

Bigdiddy, Macs13 and Grandriverrat like this.
  15. skinl19

skinl19

Good points. I only hunt on public land and certainly feel safer during bow season than firearm. I rarely hunt firearm or if I do, I am on county land that allows bow only.

1morebite likes this.
  16. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

Did not see any increase in archery hunters. Probably seen even less in the area this year.
    That is never good for me.
    I need the hunters in the woods to push the does over to the area I hunt. As in past years I have plenty of bucks running around at night, but very few does. Most years the does move in the second week of November, and than the rifle season push the deer right to the escape area I hunt.
    Just last week I had pics of 10 different bucks, and I believe one doe. But that could of been the very small spike. He is hard to tell, only has 1inch spike at the most and they slide back along his head.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

dinoday likes this.