Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

09MSDHC Team #11 - Bang em and Hang em

15K views 133 replies 15 participants last post by  boogemaster 
#1 ·
Team 11 Official Thread

#3 ·
Got the Team name established, now who can get us a banner made up? Certainly not me!
Haven't decided yet on the early doe season, I may get an evening hunt or 2 in? Good luck yo all of ya'ins!

#4 ·
welcome aboard Wack, can ya fill the rest of us in on a little about yourself and hunting techniques ;)

Who's gonna be bangen a doe or 2 this weekend?

#10 ·
I will be g0oing to the hunting property this weekend but i will prolly not shoot a doe. my money is a lil tight and i would rather wait till the actuall season so i can maybe get some horns too:) im sure by the time the season is over i will have a lil money to take out a doe but moneys tight this weekend

#12 ·
Got out of work tonight a little early so decided to try for a doe got in the stand about 5 after about a half hour deer start coming out nothing into range for a little bit than a doe veers right towards the stand she comes into about 40 yds and hangs up feeding on acorns. Than i start to hear deer walkin from behind me and look to my L side and a doe is coming like 10yds next to my stand so i draw on that one and put one in the boiler room that one runs off so i look back to where the other doe was coming in and there she is at the same spot she was and after a couple minutes starts feeding again and comes in at about a little over 30yds so i decided to double up and pass one thru her also. so all in all a good night two does for the freezer and some points for the team. Good night seen probably 6-10 deer total. Good to be in the deer woods again. Now the fun starts time to cut em up. I'll post some pics later tonight or tomorrow.

#14 ·
Great job BW01 way to go man! Look forward to seeing the pics! Awesome job and congrats on the double ;)

#18 ·
Got into the stand about 4:00 and immediately was seeing deer, but no bucks(mature not button), which I was a little dissapointed in, hoping to see what was in the area. I haven't seen much so far this year. Then she came in about 5:45 with a couple of other deer. I was planning on primarily hunting with my bow, but I noticed my string was fraying near the lower cam, so I didn't want to take a chance of my string breaking. I'm concentrating on scent control this year, more so that what I was doing in the past. She spotted me in the shooting lane, but no alarm. She circled 10 yards downwind of me for a scent check and then came right back through my shooting lane without even raising her head again! I've never had a deer do that before so that to me was the most exciting part of the hunt, I got to experience something new. When she walked back through, I shot her at 13 yards and she only went 40 after that.

Another first for me, I came back to the barn to get the quad and my 3 yr old boy(turns 4 next week), came out and asked me if he could help! He did this on his own and my wife had no problems with it. So I explained to him what was going on and what he'll see. I kept asking him on occasion if he was fine and that he could back to house anytime he wants to. So we drove out to woods and tracked the deer(I already knew where it was, but wanted to show him how daddy does it), loaded the deer and took it back to the barn to field dress. He stuck through the whole thing asking questions all the way until I had her hung and cleaned. Then it was bedtime for him. Another awesome experience.

#23 ·
Good job guys. i was unable to go out this weekend. well i was at the property but chose not to hunt i had some last minute stuff to do before season and didnt really want to put any pressure into the woods. Has anyone been able to come up with a sig for the team. i tried to make one but didnt turn out to good, could try again if nobody else wants to

#25 ·
Good job guys. i was unable to go out this weekend. well i was at the property but chose not to hunt i had some last minute stuff to do before season and didnt really want to put any pressure into the woods. Has anyone been able to come up with a sig for the team. i tried to make one but didnt turn out to good, could try again if nobody else wants to
If ya got time and want to try another, go for it. I haven't a clue as to what to do.

#26 ·
hey guys Im back from two long weeks of travel. Bear hunting with a buddy(i was filmin) and then a four day trip to the UP for ducks. Had a great time but its good to be back. I will be out thursday morning. Also we'll see how much time I have between class and work but I might be able swing a banner. No promises though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.