❤️ Saturday

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by OH-YEAH!!!, Oct 17, 2020.

1. OH-YEAH!!!

OH-YEAH!!! Premium Member

13F6D4E6-80A5-416B-B5DA-B436DAE90E23.jpeg 44295C7D-BAE1-4F89-AF89-5CF09DD4F8E4.jpeg 47E6865D-F260-4D08-94E5-1A4126AA99D0.jpeg 18386A91-FEC0-420B-A3FD-56552F31A579.jpeg A901C9F2-B7E3-46D8-933B-FB9E8B335F9C.jpeg Met with 2 clients and tried grilling smelt. Lobster prices have been bottom basement so splurged.

We used to try and get to Benzie County for fall color in mid October but then it got way too crowded. Stayed within 70 miles of home and had a lovely day.

Smelt in olive oil with red pepper flakes weren’t bad but were a little dry. Next time if the Fish Monger’s wife can get octopus or fresh Spanish mackerel, that would be a better choice. The lobster was good.

Cheers

2. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Nice 'Yota Paul!
    Wife won't eat scHmeltZ any more ever since I took her to Crystal/Benzie some years ago.
    If they're not fresh "on the hoof" she won't touch 'em...
    Aunt Jammies corn meal mix (or whatever the PC name is now) with lots of red, black pepper, season salt, onion & garlic powder - egg wash, dusted & a skinny dip in the 30 weight is still our favorite.
    It's cool as heck the DNR/Artic Grayling is trying hard to be reintroduced but I'd like to see the scHmeltZ make a big come back too!

3. kroppe

kroppe

Got the truck back after the deer meet up? Looks good.

jiggin is livin and OH-YEAH!!! like this.
  4. OH-YEAH!!!

Thank you, Kroppe

Gerber Collision on Sternberg in Muskegon did a great job.

kroppe likes this.
  5. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

Definitely correct about lobster prices. I have been toying with the idea of live lobsters, maybe 2 pounders, at deer camp the evening of November 14, instead of our traditional frogmore stew.

2020 has been such a bummer and with the very real possibility of someone coming to camp with covid, I'm thinking that if it gets me I would like the rest of camp having fond thoughts of me in years to come.

BTW, GFS has outstanding frozen corn on the cob to go with lobster. FM

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  6. Oldgrandman

Oldgrandman Woods and Water Rat Premium Member

Grilling steak today, thought about some surf with it. I just happen to be void of shrimp right now and I haven't had decent results fishing this year.

OH-YEAH!!! likes this.
  7. sfw1960

Daily deals has raw shrimp for $5/lb Mark!
    If money wasn't tight I'd have grabbed a couple lb...
    Chicken and hot dogs instead here.
    :confused:

8. Shoeman

Shoeman Mods

Tube steak and yard bird.... yum!

9. sfw1960

@ 99¢/lb the breast is hard to pass up.
    I grabbed 12# for Dawn and I. Chicken soup sure helps satisfy the soul my friend!

jiggin is livin and OH-YEAH!!! like this.
  10. Oldgrandman

Oldgrandman Woods and Water Rat Premium Member

I prefer the wild US Gulf Shrimp over the imported farm raised.

These guys https://shop.paulpiazza.com/

Forest Meister likes this.
  11. Shoeman

Shoeman Mods

Don’t forget the pig! Loins are prime, no matter how you fixens!

Roasts, sliced.... a staple at my house!

kisherfisher and sfw1960 like this.
  12. sfw1960

Meijer had chops for 99¢/lb last week.
    Grilled some over hickory & pecan...
    OH the carnage!!

Paul I never would have guessed your beautiful & bad SUV was in an accident.
    They did a magnificent job righting the ship - I love the color and sent a few pics to my bride.
    The response was simple: "Love it"!
    I've completely taken the front off my old 06 Tacoma with a doe [email protected] 60 to the tune of 8k and I just can't see myself buying another brand again at this point, even if used - she's been the best I've owned ever.
    ;)

kroppe and OH-YEAH!!! like this.
  13. OH-YEAH!!!

D2CA4FB3-C433-4D49-8E59-6ED95B98A4BB.jpeg AFA83F79-159E-4082-86E2-14EE754FC805.jpeg
    Robert,

Thank you. I love taking pictures and the leaf colors between Hesperia and Croton were great yesterday. I’ve been really happy with my Toyotas.

Here are the before and after photos of the deer strike. I’d gotten into a pine thicket this spring that made the driver side look like it had been keyed. The only good thing about the deer strike was they took care of the “off road pin striping”...

These food posts have me hungry. I don’t think my wife and son who are at grandma and grandpas are home in time for dinner. What to eat on this rainy day?

One more with the leaves:

F8E8A07F-2285-467B-B95F-F77DDB379020.jpeg

Mike and sfw1960 like this.
  14. sfw1960

I don't have pictures handy from the Tacoma getting thrashed, and frankly the scare probably took 2 years off my life after being punched in the chest by the air bag - something I'd prefer to never re-live.
    Just the outside ends of the bumper & headlights dangling, everything else gone - tranny cooler & radiator exploded making for a rather precarious situation stopping the vehicle while I watched the animal pinwheel along side.
    Dawn's had a Nikon D5500 for several years and loves taking pictures also.
    Both of you are good at it too, it's a labor of love for certain.

Something warm and hearty sounds great, doesn't it?
    Dawn's cooking some of that chicken RN lol!
    No prompting or mention of it - but I'm thinking chicken soup is on the menu (with fingers crossed he said)... :coolgleam
    Chili's a good fall day satisfying meal - but you're right, this food talk makes you want to go get something good, hearty & tasty...
    Soul food!:D

OH-YEAH!!! likes this.
  15. kroppe

kroppe

There is an argument that the 4Runner is the best all around mid-size SUV on the road today. I am in that camp. It's not perfect and has its critics, but the overall package is tops.

Re: food/meat, the least expensive cut of meat can be transformed into the best thing you have ever eaten, by the braising/stewing process. Google is your friend. Save some money and treat yourself to some good eats with pot roast. Inexpensive meat + veggies + stock and wine (optional) and you will have a good result.

OH-YEAH!!! and sfw1960 like this.