Comments on Profile Post by Walt Donaldson

1. HUBBHUNTER
    HUBBHUNTER
    He needs to up his post count to inflict some damage. FYI I called Specialized processing on Price Rd and they will have a drop box this year. I don't think the DNR trailer will be set up in the same spot again.
    Sep 18, 2018
  2. Walt Donaldson
    Walt Donaldson
    Like a drop box for the head of your deer? I would consider taking my deer to a processor that leaves them hanging until CWD results are in. This seems like a very good practice moving forward.
    Sep 18, 2018
    HUBBHUNTER likes this.
  3. HUBBHUNTER
    HUBBHUNTER
    Yes like a drop box for the head, if you shoot a doe. Yep, my feelings as well. They said they were having a meeting with the DNR later this week to figure out the procedure moving forward.
    Sep 18, 2018
  4. HUBBHUNTER
    HUBBHUNTER
    Part 2...Max 420 Characters...
    I also spoke with a processor in CC who is NOT changing anything and won't wait for results to come back before processing your deer. #No,JustNo I'm doing my own, cut it up and keep it separated in the freezer until results come back.
    Sep 18, 2018
    Walt Donaldson likes this.
  5. Walt Donaldson
    Walt Donaldson
    This will be my approach as well until there is a processor who requires testing for EVERY deer that goes through the equipment. That is truly the only way to avoid these little buggers! So, skin and quarter the deer, put in freezer, wait for results. If positive, knives get tossed. Time consuming and potentially costly, but if you're going in, go deep.
    Sep 18, 2018
    HUBBHUNTER likes this.