Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media About

• · Registered
    34 Posts
    hey whats going on i have bean going out of vanerbilt all week . all the cracks are tight out there ! we killed them out there yesterday morning we went just allital north we onley fishied in 7ft we where out 2 miles if u gyes go out pm me and let me know how u do !

· Registered
    1,027 Posts
    Meet at the mouth at about 6:30? or meet someplace else i have a sticker on my truck for parking, how far are they walking out?

· Registered
    3,325 Posts
    ya know ralph we coulda sat in ur van and watched tip ups today lol....i keep forgetting about that idea when its nasty

· Registered
    97 Posts
    ralph the rod holders work great .I put 2 in back 1 in front.the 14 footer you saw might have been my moms neighbor .I gave you all the credit .Ithink he might even be mi sports man now because i told him about all the advise from every one.THANKS AGAIN RALPH

· Premium Member
    33,243 Posts
    When you go right at the alger exit, take M-33 north to state rd. Then turn right, and go until you cross the rifle. Used to be a fly shop on southeast side of bridge over river, think its closed now. If you can find a place to park, walk downstream from there. Nice water, and a big hole down a couple turns(about half mile or less) some big browns in there. Also, go more to east and follow rifle river trail to south off state. Lots of places all along there. Some good water at the parking lot across from lake Ogemaw. Thats where I mainly fish steelies in spring. Upstream from there is best, and just downstream is where the westbranch of rifle come in. Thats a good spot.

· Registered
    52 Posts
    Hello Ralph
    I was reading your post on the rifle river and am interested in finding out some more info if your willing. I live down in oak co and am really getting into flyfishing. There isnt much down here and am looking for the nearest river that holds decent fish. The rifle would be less than two hour drive which is doable for me. Any insight on where to go? I seen that get off at alger exit and turn right. Thanks for anything you can give.

· Premium Member
    33,243 Posts
    Just saw your message, usually use pm's, and not this area.....When I was younger, I used to live in Flint my whole life until 1993 when I moved to B.C. Used to get walleyed sometimes in evening or early mornings on holloway right off from beach on north side trolling harnesses with splitshot ahead of them for weight. The old small chrome blade,red bead ones.

· Registered
    3,134 Posts
    I am just north of C-ville, things have grown here so much in the last years the water at the bridges never seems to clear it looks like pudding all the time. Fanatic Jr. (Nick) fishes past the dam quite a bit and does well also Mt Morris bridge drifting is supposed to be good. I do well on the St. Clair river and the bay but in my own backyard I cant seem to find the secret??????? Mike

· Registered
    33 Posts
    Hi Ralph, Got a ?, Were going to try to fish the slot, were would be the best place to launch Quainicassee or Sebewaing?

· Registered
    392 Posts
    Ralph: here is the web site for the River Witch that I was talking about. www.riverwitch.com I was out last night and got two and just about everyone else got a least two in the boats anchored also. Don
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…