walleyerick
Brian Berg
jr28schalm
bigal06
kevin2
Mike4282
jvanhees

#138 ·
I didn't get out until this afternoon since I had church this morning. We got out to the blind and about 1/2 hour later a 6point walked out. My buddy put a good hit on him and he dropped right there. 15 minutes later some does walked out looking at the dead buck, and I took a nice doe. Thank You Jesus! We were truly blessed tonight! I think I'll wait to score this deer since I know there's a 12 point buck wandering around.
Hunting Military camouflage Chainsaw Plant Hat

My church buddy's 6 point. He hadn't hunted in 4 years or so, so he's thrilled!
Hunting Deer hunting Hat Trophy hunting Grass

#141 ·
I didn't get out until this afternoon since I had church this morning. We got out to the blind and about 1/2 hour later a 6point walked out. My buddy put a good hit on him and he dropped right there. 15 minutes later some does walked out looking at the dead buck, and I took a nice doe. Thank You Jesus! We were truly blessed tonight! I think I'll wait to score this deer since I know there's a 12 point buck wandering around. View attachment 603543

My church buddy's 6 point. He hadn't hunted in 4 years or so, so he's thrilled!
View attachment 603545
Congratulations on a successful opening day!

#143 · (Edited)
Gentlemen, I was blessed again tonight with another buck. Thank You again Jesus! I believe it's the same 8 pointer that's been skirting my bow range all season. That 25-06 does a number on them. I shot him about 60 yards away on the other side of a creek, then he crossed the creek spraying blood and ran right under me, jumped a fence from the public I was on to some private, and then tipped over and never got back up. Thanks to OnX Maps I found the landowner and got permission to retrieve him. :)
2nd buck, so he scores as a doe- 5 Points
In addition it the archery 10 Point- 17 Points= Totoal 22 Points

I am tagged out in this contest boys.
Reptile Scaled reptile Terrestrial animal Wood Varanidae
Vertebrate Organism Mammal Fawn Terrestrial animal
Beard Wheel Human Tire Wood

#144 ·
Gentlemen, I was blessed again tonight with another buck. Thank You again Jesus! I believe it's the same 8 pointer that's been skirting my bow range all season. That 25-06 does a number on them. I shot him about 60 yards away on the other side of a creek, then he crossed the creek spraying blood and ran right under me, jumped a fence from the public I was on to some private, and then tipped over and never got back up. Thanks to OnX Maps I found the landowner and got permission to retrieve him. :) View attachment 603949 View attachment 603951 View attachment 603953
Congratulations, what a bruiser. On public...even more impressive.

#147 ·
Thanks Rick. Yeah, this one was fun. It was the first deer I shot with this rifle. I bought it stock with a cheap synthetic stock, and put the laminated on it. Then I put the Leupold scope, replaced the trigger with a Timney, and spent a lot of time working up hand loads for it. It gives a sense of accomplishment when it all works out.

BTW, I'm waiting for ice so I can get back out after some walleye. :)

#150 · (Edited)
I went and sighted in a new scope yesterday. Was fun. I rarely shoot or hunt with a gun anymore, but I enjoyed the time at the range. Did some scouting right after, and then decided to hunt. Might try again tomorrow. I'm not to excited about gun season anymore. Dec 1st, if we don't get to much snow, I'll likely try to get a few more sits with my bow in to fill the freezer more.

Congrats on the Doe and great season walleyerick

#151 ·
I have one doe tag left for public land. I'll hold off until muzzleloader for that. Been helping a couple church buddies fill tags. One buddy took a 6 point on the 16th, and I just got out of the woods hauling a doe out for another buddy. Lots of deer this year! Thank You Jesus!

#153 ·
The local Amish butcher is swamped this year. They rented a couple semi trailers to keep the deer until they can get to them. They said lots of deer and lots of big bucks this year.

#165 ·
I'm not complaining. It's been a great season so far, and I still have one more public doe tag left to fill. I hope I don't judge my season on how many points we get. I wound up helping 2 guys who don't get quality opportunities to hunt, to harvest a deer for each of them. That made the whole season worthwhile!

BTW- HAPPY THANKSGIVING guys! I love ya! I hope you're having an absolutely blessed day!

#167 ·
I agree guys, it has been a great season for me as well. I tagged out and was able to take a young man out with me to my gun spot for the first few days. We saw quite a few deer, just not one he was looking for. It is not about the points, but as Herb Brooks said about the 1980 Russian hockey team.... somebody's going to knock those guys off..lol. Judging from what I have read, they all have some tremendous, highly managed land to hunt on.

#168 ·
I normally don't hunt gun season, but I got out a few times this past week. Had some fun with my son. I was out the last couple days and did not see a deer until the ride home! WHICH I must admit, I was happy to see a couple deer! I did manage to find a few nice spots with loads of fresh sign, so I might give those spots a look once the woods calm a bit.

#170 ·
You can notice the trends....or not.....in the pic posts. To say that there have been some thumpers shot this year is an understatement. Lots of double buck posts and lots of free time on peoples hands as well. Has nothing to do with BS&B it's just the season as a whole. Believe it or not!

#172 ·
You can notice the trends....or not.....in the pic posts. To say that there have been some thumpers shot this year is an understatement. Lots of double buck posts and lots of free time on peoples hands as well. Has nothing to do with BS&B it's just the season as a whole. Believe it or not!

....or not!

#174 ·
Hey yall! I took another doe tonight! That makes 4 deer for the season. One with the bow, the 270, the 25-06, and now the muzzy! Thank You Jesus! She will wind up being mostly jerky. I think it's time to start putting the hunting gear away and start looking at the fishing gear. :) Look at the 300 gr Barnes Expander MZ I recovered. She didn't have a chance. You should have seen the damage it caused.
Deer Organism Fawn Terrestrial animal Tail
Road surface Asphalt Wood Grey Tar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.