Fishing Humor

8K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  6Speed 
#1 ·
Lets keep it light, no politics please

Happy World Gesture Smile Font

See less See more
#3 ·
Here is one for you!
Back in the day, during the salmon hey day, on the PM river there was an Amish guy that liked to fish/snag salmon. He made a sulky like boat trailer for his 12 foot aluminum. Sat in the boat and rode his horse down the road to the river. Tied his horse to a tree, and attached a food bag. Funny, but he was a fixture there and everyone knew him. Didn't have a motor (not allowed) but waited for someone to tow him up river(apparently allowed). I saw him there many times.

#7 ·
I tend to cut it tight with bait and cooler space. Enough so that it’s made my fishing partners nervous. Some will say “do you think we brought enough bait or do you think we have a big enough cooker?”

I always tell them I can only hope we run out of bait or completely fill the cooler. That will be one heck of a day.

Another good one was the time I was ice fishing with a newer friend. I always wear a full motion life jacket under my coat. It was one of those days in March when the walleyes were staging. We limited out in about 30 minutes. He had 1 more to go, so I went over and sat in his shanty with. I had my coat open, revealing my life jacket. He double takes and says “what the hell are you planning?”

#16 ·
Got into a big school of Specks, and 1 Sunfish. Had the bottom secured with a swivel snap to keep the trapdoor closed.
I just kept dumping them in the basket when we caught them.
When it was time to leave, I picked up the basket.
All the Specks were gone through the gap the snap allowed to open.
1 dumb Sunfish left in the basket...and one dumber fisherman...

#12 ·
I’ve seen the Coldwater Lake launch overwhelmed with Amish traffic with lots of horses and buggies. Only one was towing a rowboat on a trailer, but there were at least 20 people in their crew standing on the dock, ramp, etc. I guess they are no different than anyone else who isn’t using a get in/get out quick routine at any launch.

#18 ·
Happened to me this spring. Had a nice mess of crappies and a couple gills. Bottom trap door spring came undone. Brand new basket. Had a couple crappies left. Zip tied the damn thing shut. Funny, but NOT funny. Lost a nice basket of gills over the side once. It was tied to a hook on the boat and the hook came unscrewed. Now we have live wells.

#19 ·
Lol not my mishap but I was leaving the lake 1 short of my brookie limit when I was 16...when walking on the trail by the lake back to the car, I saw a nice 14" brookie swim by, pulling around a 4 or 5 ft lime green stringer...I don't know if this counted as snagging but I threw the spoon out and hooked the stringer and pulled him in...limit was complete.

#22 ·
Similar thing for me about a decade ago, down a bit from Tippy. I feel a fish on the end of my line and start fighting. It's a strange feeling fight but really strong. When I land it, it turns out that I had hooked a ratchet strap that somebody had used for a stringer but apparently hadn't tied up very well. There were still 3 nice and very much alive kings on it!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

#30 ·
Similar thing for me about a decade ago, down a bit from Tippy. I feel a fish on the end of my line and start fighting. It's a strange feeling fight but really strong. When I land it, it turns out that I had hooked a ratchet strap that somebody had used for a stringer but apparently hadn't tied up very well. There were still 3 nice and very much alive kings on it!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Took my step son walleye fishing on the Maumee river one March...I did well but he kept trying.....then he says I have a nice one....I see a tail scoop it up....3 walleye on stringer he hooked one of the links....happy kid he was.

#24 · (Edited)
I posted this on another thread, but since people seemed to get a laugh out of it, I thought I would post it here too:

From all of the posts and comments, now and from before, here is my current understanding of the "posting rules":
  • If you fish, you must post about your results with lots of details. Even if you didn't do well.
  • If you report about catching a limit on a day when someone else didn't do well, you must post pictures or it didn't happen.
  • Don't forget to hold up all of the fish you caught at the same time or you will be accused of lying about said "limit".
  • However, if you post pictures of your-self holding your fish with a smile on your face, you are bragging, so don't do that either.
  • Also, if you post pictures with a "give-away" background, you are an "A-hole" for blowing up the spot.
  • However, if you post pictures with the back-ground scribbled out, you are an "A-hole" for not sharing your spot.
  • If you post the actual pictures, the internet detectives will get your GPS numbers from the photos and post your numbers on the forum, thus blowing up your spot anyway.
  • Yet if you post screen-shots of your photos to get rid of the GPS numbers, they will accuse you of posting fake pictures, so don't do that either.
  • God forbid, you should never take a picture of a fish that you accidentally caught out of season, or discuss "party limits", as that will earn you a long stay in "internet jail".
The rules are very clear, so please make sure to always follow them!! Let me know if I missed any. :D

#25 ·
A while back on the Ohio site, someone posted a report titled: "Did well north of the beaver". They were referring to Beaver Creek State Park, however, I couldn't let that one slip by without a smart-@$$ response. So this is what I posted:

Yes, the area north of the beaver can be good, especially up around the humps. That's usually a good area to start with to get things going in the right direction. The area just to the south of the Beaver is my favorite, especially with a deep-diving crank. I find that bare-naked cranks work best in this area.

Be careful not to venture too far south of the beaver (aka the dumping grounds), as it can be a little crappy in that area at times.

When you are just getting started, don't pump your rod too aggressively, or you may cause it to release early. Slow and steady does the trick. Tight lines.....or tight something anyway.

#26 ·
A while back on the Ohio site, someone posted a report titled: "Did well north of the beaver". They were referring to Beaver Creek State Park, however, I couldn't let that one slip by without a smart-@$$ response. So this is what I posted:

Yes, the area north of the beaver can be good, especially up around the humps. That's usually a good area to start with to get things going in the right direction. The area just to the south of the Beaver is my favorite, especially with a deep-diving crank. I find that bare-naked cranks work best in this area.

Be careful not to venture too far south of the beaver (aka the dumping grounds), as it can be a little crappy in that area at times.

When you are just getting started, don't pump your rod too aggressively, or you may cause it to release early. Slow and steady does the trick. Tight lines.....or tight something anyway.
Laughing my ying yang off at that one! Well played!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.