Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

LFTS Thanksgiving Day 2020

16K views 188 replies 88 participants last post by  xebadir 
#1 ·
Up and at em hunters!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Be safe and shoot straight.
Heading out to SLP Public Land for the family tradition deer hunt.
20th year and counting!!!

#157 ·
What a difference a day makes. Yesterday morning in the fog and crap I saw at least 20 deer shapes cross my lanes in the first two hours. Today I've seen 2 this morning one button buck that wanders through every day and a big racked buck that I have seen 3 times this season. He always manages to get down wind of me know matter which blind I sit in. So I'm as far down wind as I can get without setting in the house. I'm hoping.

#163 ·
Looking for something to come out of the swamp in the center. Hunting our spot in Cass county tonight

Never did go out this morning, stayed in to get the turkey and fryer ready. Takes a long time to fry a 22lber, came out perfect!

Grandson sat in my spot from opening day, same guys came out on the neighbors property, shot three times again from the same stand and never looked for the deer. They told me this is their last year hunting there because it's been leased by the guy that bowhunted there this year..good riddance!!
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

#188 ·
Oh The Swede!! Mauser? I have a Swedish brush axe for making trails and clearing fallen brush. I was calling it Lucille like Negan”s bat. But we say break out the Swede it’s time for him to do some damage! It stupid but it makes us all laugh!:rolleyes:

Reactions: jr28schalm
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.