Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

11/20/20 lfts

19K views 184 replies 81 participants last post by  bowhunter426 
#1 ·
Come on boys wakey wakey no L FTS yet everybody sleeping today. Good luck out there.

#78 ·
I got settled in about 1:25. Front is passing right now. I had a doe with twins stop by to feed in the rye for a bout 25 minutes.

Another doe and fawn is approaching from the other direction now.

Posts are not going through. Poor cell coverage.

#81 ·
I'm way up high in a tree. Scrambled on up and I have a great view of the opposite corner of the public that I've been hunting. Behind me, as seen in the background, is private - grass followed by a pond followed by corn. What I'm hunting is the CRP in front of me, hoping to catch something chunky heading to the buffet.
Outerwear Sky Plant Beard People in nature

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

#87 ·
Back out for the afternoon after a shutout this morning.

My bride is hunting the food plot, and me the woods.

Still a little overcast and the wind has switched to the west and calmed some....maybe I should have gone walleye fishing!

63 degrees here in St. Clair County.

Good Luck!

#91 ·
Weather is crazy nice but I'm second guessing my spot. I think i might go try to tuck into a ground set up in the woods. Right? Windy and warm and bright so they should be in the woods until magic hour when they come to feed.....

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
If your wind is right hang in there, I’m south of you and the clouds are rolling in, temps will be dropping tonight, deer will be moving to feed .
Flight

#89 ·
Sky Wood Tree Trunk Natural landscape
The crew is out for our last night hunt in camp. For me sometimes you just need a break and there are other parts of camp that need attention. Its 60 degrees in the NELP! An axe, maul, a few beverages and some physical activity after sitting in the woods for days sounded good. Don’t worry I’m surrounded by woods and the rifle isn’t far away GL all!

#108 ·
View attachment 605703 The crew is out for our last night hunt in camp. For me sometimes you just need a break and there are other parts of camp that need attention. Its 60 degrees in the NELP! An axe, maul, a few beverages and some physical activity after sitting in the woods for days sounded good. Don’t worry I’m surrounded by woods and the rifle isn’t far away GL all!
I agree I mowed my lawn for the last time yesterday 65 and sunny and thought this is perfect mowing weather.

#97 ·
Been out for a while trying to catch up wit this thread. Back in the same blind as last night. Deer are already out. Congrats to the lucky hunters this morning

#105 ·
#99 ·
I'm setting a different blind this afternoon, the wind was wrong this morning so I changed seats. Saw 8 this morning most well before shooting light. About 0800 saw a doe and fawn scoot thru one of my lanes on the down wind side. Then about two minutes later a big one stepped out jerked up his head so I could see big antlers and he was gone. I've seen him twice now and both times he was down wind and had me before I even knew he was around.

#106 ·
Well, my 8 yr old son and I had a very exciting and successful morning! If you recall he shot a huge doe on Tuesday morning and Tuesday night I shot a nice 8 point out of the same blind. This morning we went back to that same blind to try and fill his mentored youth buck tag.

At 7:37 am I look over and see a buck step out into the same lane my buck was in. This buck took the exact same route my buck did except when he got to the gut pile, he turned broadside at 52 yds to sniff the guts and Blake dropped the hammer on him with his 44 Mag! He put a high shoulder shot on him and he dropped in his tracks! High fives and “deer shakes” took over the blind!!

What a season we have had this year! Now I have another taxidermy bill...

Smile Cap Baseball cap Recreation Wood
Window Door Wood Plant Tints and shades
Hunting Deer hunting Hat Mammal Trophy hunting
Plant People in nature Tree Grass Natural landscape

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

#109 · (Edited)
Well, my 8 yr old son and I had a very exciting and successful morning! If you recall he shot a huge doe on Tuesday morning and Tuesday night I shot a nice 8 point out of the same blind. This morning we went back to that same blind to try and fill his mentored youth buck tag.

At 7:37 am I look over and see a buck step out into the same lane my buck was in. This buck took the exact same route my buck did except when he got to the gut pile, he turned broadside at 52 yds to sniff the guts and Blake dropped the hammer on him with his 44 Mag! He put a high shoulder shot on him and he dropped in his tracks! High fives and “deer shakes” took over the blind!!

View attachment 605733 View attachment 605735 View attachment 605737 View attachment 605739

What a season is right! Congrats to your son love the pictures! In the first pic I thought he was posing for a Na Zdrowie toast. I’ll toast to you and your son on a fine season and a darn nice buck! Na Zdrowie!

#114 · (Edited)

View attachment 605733 View attachment 605735 View attachment 605737 View attachment 605739

Awesome, congrats to the young man on a great buck !
Flight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.