Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

LFTS 11/02/2020

36K views 313 replies 106 participants last post by  edjewcollins@yahoo.com 
#1 ·
Who’s with me on this rigid morning?!!! From what I see on the forecast ahead for the week this looks like the best day and an all day sit for me. I had a decent buck cruise through right behind a doe mid day yesterday. Hopefully his great grandpa decides to make an appearance. I’m made the hour drive and getting dressed now and getting ready to make the trek back and watch the day come to life and hope for the best. Good luck today everyone and be safe! This is the guy that made the mid day appearance yesterday hit on a doe. He gets a free pass but always nice to see deer.

See less See more
#117 ·
I effin knew i should have taken today off after yesterdays weather. Sounds like everyone out is having a decent day!

Lets see some more hit the dirt! If @bigbucks160 would stop watching the deer and send it already!! Them petting zoo's are addictive.
Saving them all for you Danny And my granddaughter when you bring her!!

#116 ·
Another pass, sometimes I do wonder/question why I’m out here. But that 10 this morning was a shooter for sure, so I guess I just keep observing
Plant Scaled reptile Reptile Grass Terrestrial animal

#120 ·
I've been determined to get a deer from the public land near my house. There is a very low deer density, I've seen less than a dozen in over 2 years and sign is like hens teeth. With the fresh snow I decided to go for a stroll along habitat edges and look for tracks.

Tracks from three wolves started at the paved road and two track junction. They followed the two track for about a mile before heading west into tag alder and cedar swamp. I crossed one set of deer tracks from a small deer in another said swamp. I also twice, crossed a set of arctic pros that looked just like mine. Total hike was around 3 miles but could have been shorter. Not much back there.

#127 ·
I packed up and was going to move about 200 yards to my north to get closer to that Tenpoint and this guy decides to come in bed down with a doe 60 yards
Plant Natural landscape Wood Twig Trunk

#162 ·
#166 ·
Back in the tree in Arenac county...windy is an understatement. Seems worse than yesterday but quite a bit warmer! Had good movement this morning before all the wind...so I’m hoping they move good this afternoon as well. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

#169 ·
Had good movement this morning before all the wind...

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

What's your secret? Mine's a couple cups of coffee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.