T Brown
Sam22
BucksandDucks
GATORGETTER
Bobcat
bigbucks160
Sewey

#512 ·
Had a great morning hunt this morning. Think I saw 12 different bucks, kinda lost track lol. I’m back in a stand I hunted Sunday usually don’t sit them this close but there’s been a really nice buck out here last two days. Hopefully see him close tonight

#515 ·
Solid sit again. Had a 8 does and fawns come in at the same time after a buck pushed them to the plot. All within 40 yards. I could see the buck about 100 yards away walking through some thick stuff but I couldn’t move.
The does we’re feeding for 35 minutes and wind was great but as it always seems to happen I felt a little cold or on the back of my neck all the sudden. One of them blew 3 times and they slowly fed off.
Then another doe and two fawns came in with a spike about 15 minutes later. Right at last light this 8 point came in to 35 yards. I actually think he’s a two year old. Fun sit regardless.

Tear it up this weekend mike!!!!
Plant Plant community Deer Rectangle Natural landscape

#518 ·
Good job Matt!!
I had some trouble with the wind tonight also. Had 8 does out and a 8pt came out and chased them all away. They or different ones came back out but they would get straight North of me and get all fidgety and go back then come do it again. Also one other small buck.

Reactions: T Brown and Sewey
#520 ·
Thanks fellas, felt good to break the ice and let an arrow go. I also wasn’t able to fill my spring tag as my son came right at the start of season, so a little redemption on my end.

I was surprised to not see a deer tonight. I was going to drive up the road and see if the neighbor farm picked corn, that would explain the slow camera action and MIA deer tonight. But I got distracted tracking this bird and carrying him out along with all more other gear, felt like he weighed 50lbs after the first 100 yards lol.

ETA: trail cam caught a pic of the bird right after my shot as he took flight, he flew about 80 yards or so uphill and seemed to have died in air as his wings were still out when I found him 5 feet in the brush.

Plant Bird Natural landscape Sky Tree

#532 ·
Good luck guys!

Saw the most deer in the fields on my way back from dropping my son at daycare than I have all season. A buddy of mine is out this morning as well and had deer come through before light and just passed a young 6, sure wish I was out! Have plans tonight with the family, but that's not until 8, might try and sit across the road as it's quick and I shouldn't get in too much trouble if I don't cause us to be late.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.