Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

It has begun!

13K views 73 replies 34 participants last post by  kzoofisher 
#1 ·
Two day trip mon and tues launched out of Wyandotte. Hit several spots from Wyandotte to the mouth of St Clair. All produced fish. Two man limits both days with a little throw back action both days. Good size fish. No shorts. 5-6 smallies both days and a bonus pike. Low and Slow. It’s on!!!!

#25 ·
Even though I’m in the U P. I have my feet off the floor. It’s getting deep again from walleye22 s brother.

#28 · (Edited)
Lol I smell sarcasm gator. But maybe they are! The mid and upper in the fall tho usually
News Flash. The walleye are in that area all the time. Handliners have been catching fish all Summer long. It's not just a Spring or Fall thing. It's the same way every year.

#34 ·
Comical yes! But I see the bigger issue that this is a pretty open forum where a lot of great sportspersons share their honest catches, location, technique, etc... very freely. It is when there are other honest sportspersons from the other side of the state that want to utilize out wonderful fishery and commit to the long drive, overnight stay etc. They make the trip over here based on bogus info.

#38 ·
I was trying to stay out of this, but some of you guys are taking this a bit too far, IMO. I spoke with Banditman about this last year and got his side of the story about what happened.

Walleye22 was a handle/account that he helped create for his younger brother, who happens to have some learning issues. I have a 22 year-old son with similar issues, so I can relate. Most of the pictures that were posted to that account and the "reports" were posted by his younger brother, but contained pictures of "banditman", as they usually fish together, etc. The posts that were referenced above were "braggy" and some contained photos from a previous trip as "evidence" of their current catches. The younger brother did not understand the impact that his actions might have when he posted these fraudulent pics. My son wouldn't either, so I get it.

After tons of ridicule and back-lash, that account/handle was shut down. Banditman then created his own account and continues to post things under it now. He tried to explain all of this last year, but no-one wanted to hear it.

I told him to just ignore the naysayers and continue to post and you guys would eventually come around. He has upheld his end, but you guys won't let it go.

Regarding the photos earlier in this thread. Someone mentioned they were both taken a minute apart on the same day. That is likely my fault. I told him that when I post pictures, I screen-shot my pictures and paste them, which removes all of the GPS/metadata, etc. I find it easier to do that, vs uploading it and pasting the link, etc. I suggested that he do the same. When you do that, the timestamp is from when you screenshot it, not when the photo was taken, which would explain why they were a minute apart.

You can form your own opinions, but all I can say is that he has been very generous and forthcoming with information to me (texts and PMs), and the info has been helpful to me so far. Including GPS coordinates, etc. I think he just got caught up in an unfortunate situation initially that mostly had little to do with him.

That's my take on it, do with it what you wish. Cheers!!

#45 ·
I was trying to stay out of this, but some of you guys are taking this a bit too far, IMO. I spoke with Banditman about this last year and got his side of the story about what happened.

Walleye22 was a handle/account that he helped create for his younger brother, who happens to have some learning issues. I have a 22 year-old son with similar issues, so I can relate. Most of the pictures that were posted to that account and the "reports" were posted by his younger brother, but contained pictures of "banditman", as they usually fish together, etc. The posts that were referenced above were "braggy" and some contained photos from a previous trip as "evidence" of their current catches. The younger brother did not understand the impact that his actions might have when he posted these fraudulent pics. My son wouldn't either, so I get it.

After tons of ridicule and back-lash, that account/handle was shut down. Banditman then created his own account and continues to post things under it now. He tried to explain all of this last year, but no-one wanted to hear it.

I told him to just ignore the naysayers and continue to post and you guys would eventually come around. He has upheld his end, but you guys won't let it go.

Regarding the photos earlier in this thread. Someone mentioned they were both taken a minute apart on the same day. That is likely my fault. I told him that when I post pictures, I screen-shot my pictures and paste them, which removes all of the GPS/metadata, etc. I find it easier to do that, vs uploading it and pasting the link, etc. I suggested that he do the same. When you do that, the timestamp is from when you screenshot it, not when the photo was taken, which would explain why they were a minute apart.

You can form your own opinions, but all I can say is that he has been very generous and forthcoming with information to me (texts and PMs), and the info has been helpful to me so far. Including GPS coordinates, etc. I think he just got caught up in an unfortunate situation initially that mostly had little to do with him.

Thank you bud. Some people just won’t let it go. They aren’t brag reports. I live 4 hours away. I get up there max 6-8 times a year. 90 percent of the time I go when I know I can limit. I know there’s a ton of others like me that don’t want to waste their time driving all that way. I simply post to let ppl know that it’s time to go or it’s worth it. Look forward to linking up slim and getting on them with ya soon. Plan on heading back up next week, only going to get better!

#39 · (Edited)
Not saying i dont believe you slimshady...but every post is i slayed them its on. We all have bad days does he not just report the subpar days? If youre that good you quit your day job and get paid from fishing especially if you like fishing that much. I think a bad report is just as helpful as a good report. It helps guys narrow down areas and saves people from driving from hours for poor fishing. I know you shouldnt just internet fish by all means but isnt this site for helping? I dont get out near like i used to. I used to fish every day before marriage and kids and a real job. I would always tell it like it was good or bad

#41 ·
He lives in OH and usually only gets up here a few times a year, and usually during the "peak times" When he does make it up here, he usually stays for 3-4 days, and they fish long days. If I fished hard for that many days in a row, during peak times, I will usually figure them out by the 2nd or 3rd day as well. He may not tell us that the first half of the first day sucked, but that doesn't mean the other ones aren't real.

BTW, I have received texts and PMs from multiple sources just today (and he wasn't one of them) of limits being caught in the river. Both mid and upper, so take that for what it is worth.

#42 ·
Watch the weather. S winds are the forecast for Saturday morning.

This is as of last night. Water is clear, weeds are at a minimum. Can't give a water temp my depth finder is broken. Don't know how the jiggers are doing, haven't seen any out there. I'm pulling wire and fishing at night so I don't see many people. There are fish though. Only one other boat out pulling wire and I do know he got at least one. I was done by 7:30 pm. and headed in.

#49 ·
I might have bought that story too except the writing styles and the arrogant tone were the same under both handles, I'd bet a,paycheck it's the same guy.

However, it was extremely entertaining, and it was a long time ago so I'm over it.

Sent from my VS996 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

#55 ·
I might have bought that story too except the writing styles and the arrogant tone were the same under both handles, I'd bet a,paycheck it's the same guy.

However, it was extremely entertaining, and it was a long time ago so I'm over it.

Sent from my VS996 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
It's the arrogance that bothers me. "I have to come all the way from Ohio to show you guys how to fish!" kinda thing...

That to me is so jacked up. I've done quite well bringing my trout fishing skills down to Arkansas and cleaning house. Would I placate one of their boards with stringer pics? Doubt it would sit well with the locals and long time members.

We had a kid on here many moons ago. He was the Man for steelhead.... LOL Just ask him!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.