Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flossing in Michigan

7K views 53 replies 14 participants last post by  TheoJohn 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Interesting first post there Theo. Seeing that you're from Wellston, I'm sure you're aware that Chad isn't the only guide (or guide service) that runs a Chuck and Duck program for the non-biters. Heck, BB&T has had a tutorial on their website for 20 years. It's still there, but has been cleaned up for the PC crowd. Most just don't blatantly call it flossing. Whatever you call it, it's all the same and fighting 20lb fish on light tackle keeps the clients coming back year after year.

#5 ·
theo is not from wellston. Click on his screen name. New account just opened up. Someone who doesn’t like chad or just wanting to ruffle feathers. People open accounts like this all the time to stir the pot..
Yep, that's why I started my post with the "interesting first post" and followed it up with disbelief that a guy from Wellston would have issue with Chad when local flossing (Wellston) has been in style below the coffer for 40 years or so. Who cares how the guides fish as long as they don't low hole you? Salmon are put and take to me. Except I'm not much into the taking part once they are in the river.

It's always amazed me that guys will pay a guide to help them floss, when even a rookie can hook fish with cheap gear and home made yarn flies right next to the shore.

#12 ·
Yep, that's why I started my post with the "interesting first post" and followed it up with disbelief that a guy from Wellston would have issue with Chad when local flossing (Wellston) has been in style below the coffer for 40 years or so. Who cares how the guides fish as long as they don't low hole you? Salmon are put and take to me. Except I'm not much into the taking part once they are in the river.

It's always amazed me that guys will pay a guide to help them floss, when even a rookie can hook fish with cheap gear and home made yarn flies right next to the shore.
Newaygo " Bank Billie" here, I must have driven by BGS 50 times this month and I still don't know where the heck it is. oar even GAF .

I have 2 watercraft also.

#7 ·
Treat others as you would want to be treated. If you did 500+ trips a year why would you buy very expensive equipment to have people ruin it? Been there done that. I’d assume a pair of simms waders vs. hodgman or a sage rod vs. redington or white river makes you a better fisherman and person as well eh?

#15 ·
Mr Novi is done with fact checking. Are you done too mr newaygo? That you Chad? For the rest I’ll leave it at as originally stated “if you know, you know.”

The issue is encouragement of flossing limits off gravel, because it’s “legal” (debatable by DNR definition) in the name of a dollar today versus a better fishery tomorrow. All from a gentleman without the most law abiding track record.

I haven’t caught a clipped fish on the big man in years. Those fish being pulled off the gravel are what provides the majority of the fishery on that river. That is all.

#17 ·
Mr Novi is done with fact checking. Are you done too mr newaygo? That you Chad? For the rest I’ll leave it at as originally stated “if you know, you know.”

The issue is encouragement of flossing limits off gravel, because it’s “legal” (debatable by DNR definition) in the name of a dollar today versus a better fishery tomorrow. All from a gentleman without the most law abiding track record.

I haven’t caught a clipped fish on the big man in years. Those fish being pulled off the gravel are what provides the majority of the fishery on that river. That is all.
No this isn’t Chad but he is my neighbor and I don’t think it’s cool for people to trash talk anyone especially an outsider like yourself who’s not from here. If you don’t like flossing then write your congressman for a change. I can’t say I condone it but it’s legal, plain and simple. If you want MI to turn into a place like Oregon where the fishing guide is the size a phonebook and you can’t fart without permission then that’s your opinion. But once again your from the blue side of the state so it doesn’t surprise me with your cnn fact checking and rumors you’ve heard that’s been misconstrued as information flows down the water cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.