Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

LFTS Oct 9th

10K views 120 replies 48 participants last post by  WhitetailNWalleye 
#1 ·
Just pulled into work. Saw a nice buck just North of Au Gres. Didn’t care for my headlights though and got outta there quick.

Good luck to everyone headed out. I’ll be out tonight.

Saw two does last night behind the house. My son thought that was AWESOME! He even called for the dog to come look. They were outta there as soon as he yelled. Lol

#8 ·
you can keep them that way.. I have only seen one so far on Lincoln Lake on my way in, however i have seen a couple that didn't make it across the road.. the one was on 44 and had just left the corn field by the looks of what was scattered across the road lol

good luck to all who are sitting this morning.. may your arrows fly straight and true, and you return home safely

#9 ·
Just pulled into work. Saw a nice buck just North of Au Gres. Didn’t care for my headlights though and got outta there quick.

Good luck to everyone headed out. I’ll be out tonight.

Saw two does last night behind the house. My son thought that was AWESOME! He even called for the dog to come look. They were outta there as soon as he yelled. Lol
reminds me of when my 5 year old was almost 2. I was at my parents house and saw a couple does in their back yard.. i picked her up and we snuck into the back bedroom and i lifted the shades so she could see them.. She started pounding on the glass yelling "meat!! meat!!"

i've never been so proud of her in my life lol.. Besides when she said "da-da" before "ma-ma" hehehe..

now she puts the pressure on me to shoot something or else she's coming out with her pink toy shotgun.

#10 ·
reminds me of when my 5 year old was almost 2. I was at my parents house and saw a couple does in their back yard.. i picked her up and we snuck into the back bedroom and i lifted the shades so she could see them.. She started pounding on the glass yelling "meat!! meat!!"

i've never been so proud of her in my life lol.. Besides when she said "da-da" before "ma-ma" hehehe..

now she puts the pressure on me to shoot something or else she's coming out with her pink toy shotgun.
Yeah, my son is 2 also. Every time we eat meat he says "Deer!?" and points to the mount on the wall. If we say yes he giggles and says "Yum Yum!" and rubs his belly. Lol

Last year, every time I was out in the garage skinning and quartering my Wife would bring him out and sit in the chair to watch. He was mesmerized by it. I can't wait to get one hanging again for him to watch, now that he is all about deer. As far back as I can remember I was helping my Mom and Dad clean deer. I wouldn't want it any other way for him.

Maybe tonight will be the lucky night!

#11 ·
Saw a decent buck pushing a doe around a cut bean field last but I was driving. This is only the beginning but they’re starting to get stupid.

#92 ·
My buddy shot his biggest buck on the 4th, his hocks were black and stinky... already!

I'm not sure about trapping season but my goal for the next few days is to take some out. They are messing up my hunting and keeping the deer on edge. My cattleman neighbor has some new calfs on the ground and I think it's causing the coyotes to come around more?
Been hanging with a buddy I haven't in years. He's a trapping fool, and good at it. If you need a trapper for them damn yotes after the season I'm sure hell travel !

Doe down pics to come..
Nice, congrats!

Just fired up the thermacell. Dang mosquitoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Up since 345ish. Back at the booner spot. Amazing how much easier it is to see nothing when you know what you could see

I'm not sure how the hell you guy's are on phone with minutes of shooting light left !!! They're going to see your phone glowing :dizzy::dizzy:

#17 ·
Just had a decent sized buck skirt me. Still learning my new property but I’m learning something new every time out. It’s incredibly thick so it’s hard to see, looked like a decent 6? He was probably 40 yards, went directly down wind and never busted. Hoping something else takes a trail towards me in a bit.

#19 ·
Up since 6.30 in the stand hung yesterday. One of my best spots. Only hunting it today, then saving for the rut. Got blown at on the way in about 75 yards from the road. Right now Im a good 400 from the road, and wind us right so I kept going.
Good luck all !
<----<<<

#28 ·
No sightings for me this morning. Now on day 4 without seeing anything. Calling at at 10.30, shooting a couple leaves, and headed in. Going to hunt this stand once more this afternoon.
<----<<<

#32 ·
First camera of the year stolen. Public land, half mile walk, across a river, 7 foot up in a tree camouflaged and they still found it. Haven’t hunted this area in years and had it out for two weeks. I was looking forward to seeing what’s out there. I guess that’s why I buy Fifty dollar cameras. The only consolation was that it was my oldest and a 5 year old Wildgame.

#48 ·
I had a stand in a similar spot a few years ago, private land 1/4 mile away but on the other side of a river.
Came out one morning and my stand was at the bottom of the tree, still locked..I knew somebody did it.
Took my stand off and was hunting 100ft away in some brush.
An hour after light watched 2 guys come from the private land, cross the river and head straight for my stand.
Let's say...things got tense when they were looking at me and my 12 gauge.
They ran back into the river and back to their land.
No place is safe and it sucks.
Sorry you lost your camera.
Did they have bolt cutters?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.