10K views 48 replies 18 participants last post by  kisherfisher 
#1 ·
Here are a few of my toys:

JD 620 w/ Wide Front End, JD-5400, JD- LX188

JD-5400 with JD "B" - 6' Grain Drill

JD-5400 lifting 7' Box Frame Disc

See less See more
#41 ·
I feel like I was dreaming as I was looking at all that stuff!!! Haha. Thank you for sharing Wildthing and thank you for the insight. I am going to do some shopping around, but I am glad I asked you guys because I definitely would have come out with a tractor under sized.

#44 ·
Nice toys wildthing. They slightly trump my farmall cub and a shovel.:D
Gawwwgeous site.

#45 · (Edited)
It has been a while since I added anything to this thread. All of my pics have been "Photobucketed"!

I have accumulated some additional hand tools and at least one which I would call a "Farm Implement".

I had bought this Stihl clearing saw new back in 1994 when I was building a new home on a large lot in Iron Mtn. I wasn't using it much anymore and a buddy really wanted it so I sold it to him. He wasn't using it much anymore and I needed it so he sold it back to me. Happy to have it back.

Plant Tire Grass Wheel Shrub

Finally got the extendable Habitat Hook to replace my home made "shortie".

Wood Window Flag Bicycle fork Road surface

TSC had these pull behind spreaders on a good sale and I needed something smaller than my 3 Pt cyclone spreader at times so I picked one up. Works great for smaller jobs.

Wheel Plant Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Added 2 more chain saws. I won a Husqvarna 450 at our Wildlife Unlimited banquet and then a buddy gave me his old stihl when he sold his camp and property. I'm sure I can get by with just 2 or 3...so will probably donate one to my son.

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Asphalt

Got a nice trail cam photo of my no-till drill last year.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

#46 · (Edited)
My latest true farm implement which I purchased new last year, is a 110 gallon John Deere sprayer with a premium PTO pump. I love it! It has actually made spraying almost fun :) and has cut my spraying time in half or more.

Tire Wheel Tractor Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Extendable booms are 18' and spray a 20' swath. It also comes with a 30' boom but I am getting by fine with the shorter one.

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

3 independent valves allow me to select any or all boom segments from the tractor seat. Of course, it is I-Match Quick Hitch compatible so I can hook up to and/or drop it within a minute or less.

Photograph Automotive tire Motor vehicle Green Yellow

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Plant

Probably a little overkill for my small operation but the clincher came last year when I had back surgery and "The Admiral" (Elaine) had to spray about 10 acres of beans for me with the 25 gallon ATV sprayer and the ATV kept heating up and quitting on her. After about 3 or 4 trips of walking back and forth between the barn and the fields she finally said to me...."Why the Hell don't you get yourself a decent sprayer!!" Viola! Speak no more....as soon as I was well enough to drive I made a trip to my local John Deere dealer and the rest....as they say...is History! :D

#49 ·
Very nice WT ! on another note: I am at a point that my lower back is no more tolerable. Messed it up at a young age as a Mason tender, was told by U of M years ago to wait for surgery many new procedures are on the horizon. That was 20 years ago . Hope it worked for you . PM if you wish, looking for some informative , experienced, direction before going on the search for a solution. Thanks !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.