Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Bolles Harbor Launch WARNING!!

5K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  #1wallygator 
#1 ·
Caught a memo that the overpass (exit 11) that feeds Bolles Harbor launch was closed today for travel in both directions. This could present a huge problem for those living in that area as well as those trying to access the launch. They do have another road to sneak in and out of but it will have heavy traffic I am sure. Supposedly the overpass was deemed unsafe for travel. Not trying to start a (Whitmer will do anything... or our highways suck rant) Just trying to inform those making the trip in to plan accordingly. Can someone from the Monroe area confirm this and the likelihood it is closed for a while?
Cheers! Ugh...

#4 ·
I'll keep my ears open around here but I would imagine its gonna be quite some time before its fixed.

Side note:

I watched a documentary about the state of americas infrastructures (roads, rails, bridges, sewers, etc) and I hate to say it but we will start to see more inconveniences like this to do the overall neglect of these sort of things. LOTS of work to be done.

#24 ·
Domkas must be doing fine, they dont even open till 8am :coco:. I was going to stop there tuesday to look for some blade baits but they werent open, that was just before i got off the exit for bolles to find bridge was closed, had to go way further south to even turn around, pissed off at that point just went to ssp.

#7 ·
That will hurt Domka's Outdoors.

Looking for a way to the ramp? I sell maps for $10 each! LOL!

I have seen one report it's back open. There is nothing on the Monroe county road commission closure page about it closing. I will check again later.

#13 ·
"Beam structure issue" is supposedly the reason. No expert but could be months to get it on the schedule and months to repair if total tear down. See jstfish48162 post about getting to the launch. He is an expert on the area! ;) My guess is the 2023 completion date is a wild guess and they had to put something down for now.

#18 ·
Ramp is closed just north of Bolles. You can get on I 75 north bound but not south bound. I 75 is a mess coming from the south of there with construction. The detour isn't to bad. The good. Fishing is good anywhere in Michigan water right now. Limited last 2 days with my son plus caught some of Roofers perch anywhere from 10 -12 1/2 ". Plus a couple farm animals. We used Captain Jay's blade baits. Good luck. Be safe. 6'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.