Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Prions found in deer semen

4K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  jr28schalm 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Just like I typed prior to this - scientists have not ruled out if it can be sexually transmitted. Just because they find prions in semen does not necessarily suggest it is so - but studies really need to be done to verify if it is possible. If discovery is made that it can be transmitted through mating habits - makes current regulations look particularity dumb eh?

#22 ·
While the grade schooler in all of us wants to make this funny, if you take a minute to realize that big buck farms are gathering this stuff and shipping it all over. Then I don't find much humor in it.
That may very well explain it popping up at random around the country.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

#24 ·
Interesting... did anyone else read this?? 50% of the CWD positives included in this study were yearlings. I'm still a bit skeptical of testing methodologies based on amplification techniques, artificially causing an increase in prions to make them test detectible with no understanding if this progression would naturally occur seems presumptuous. more to learn...

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Circle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.