Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

SSP condition

4K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  Spartazoo 
#1 ·
Headed down sometime tomorrow. Has anyone been down there? Wondering if it is open water or iced in. Thanks for any info.

#8 ·
Ice was a solid 1 1/2 inch thick of very hard ice. Very hard on the boat. Left yesterday at 9 am. Grass everywhere. Got out to 26-28 foot of water and it was a little better. Fished for four hours and never had a pull. We fished from the point to the coal plant. Spoke to anther guy who had the same experience. Water is 37 degrees. Good Luck.

#9 ·
Martemucci, We headed out of Sterling at 9am this morning. We were the second boat out. Buddy in his Lund was first and he broke a trail through the ice and it definetly made it easier for everyone else. The bay was just as you said. Lots of weeds on top and throughout the water column. Tough keeping crankbaits running clean even with release clips pinched on 6ft above cranks. We trolled all over the bay from 12ft to 20ft of water, with Perfect 10's, Deep Husky Jerks and deep Bandits. Not one pullback. Fished the north side of the river raisin channel from 14ft out to 20ft. We finally marked some baitfish but no walleyes. Talked to three other boats when we got back to the launch and all scored a zero for the day. Beautiful day to be out and this time the fish won, but wait till Wedesnday, we'll get revenge lol. I heard Bolles wasn't any better today either. Get em next time

#13 ·
Lock jaw is right. Hit the water out of Bolles at 8:30 and marked fish throughout the water column. We tried the entire color spectrum, varied speed, set backs. Nothing. The floating weeds did cause issues. Moved from dumping grounds north to two stacks then south of c. The water was dirtier but less weeds. I’ll give it sometime and try again. Temp about 37-38. Watch the nets!! Be safe

#15 ·
Same here. Launched out of Bolles at 9:45 and went straight out through the buoys and setup in 18 fow. Nothing. Moved north and east tried a lot of different depths and combos and couldn’t get the skunk out of the box.

The weeds were a problem. Our last set was only 20 min and when we pulled each lure was covered with grass.

It was an absolutely beautiful day on the water. Low to mid 50s, sun, and almost too calm.

As others have said, there is a marked net right outside the Bolles buoys to the right. Stay alert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
I fished Sunday. Same results as the rest. Burned a lot of fuel looking for a bite without success. According to my logs, the water dropped 6-7 degrees over the course of a week because of the unusually cold weather we had last week. It was 44 degrees on 11/10. According to my logs. Wondering if the fish need some time to acclimate to the colder water before the bite turns back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.