Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

LFTS 11/15!!!!

69K views 570 replies 199 participants last post by  Bigdiddy 
#1 ·
I can't believe nobody started this yet.
I'm getting stuff ready and about to drive out to Livingston for the beginning of the army!
Good luck and be safe out there today!

#449 ·
Well, I spent the rest of the day logging 2.75 miles of tracking a spotty blood trail through the snow and it ended in a small creek at 5pm. :( The buck only laid down once in that distance and I jumped it even after waiting more that 3 hours after the shot. Judging by the blood my only guess is it hit it wat far forward as there was sone blood on the front tracks. First deer I've lost since 1995, and I hope it's another 25 years before there's another

#271 ·
Congrats to all with a first buck! Also to those who filled a tag Wish you many more!

Saw all the usual suspects here this morning—7 does and fawns and a 4,3,2 and 1. Plus a wide mystery buck chasing before there was enough light to get a good look at him.

#298 ·
Dandy 8, 14 minutes before shooting time at 25 yds. He went South... and I heard 2 shots.

My son took a buck this morning and ran into the neighbor at the check station. Yup, he sent me a pic of him all laid out in the guys truck bed.

Neighbor said he would meander back to his blind trying to push sumthin by me. Fingers crossed:(

#299 ·
Wind started swirling really bad around 945. 1000 a doe and 2 fawns came through and busted me so I got out of there soon after and I had just heard the 200th shot. Saw 7 does and fawns and 4 bucks including one that was bigger than the 10 I shot last week.
Could have gotten all of them with the rifle but I was trying to get a doe with the pistol.

Congratulations to all the successful hunters today especially those that got their firsts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.