Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess Who is stirring up trouble to boycott Woods and Water news

12K views 189 replies 28 participants last post by  Steve 
#1 ·
Guess who's stirring up trouble boycotting Woods and Water news if Richard P Smith isn't removed from contributing.

#37 ·
The first amendment is great until someone does not agree with you..........hmmmmmmmmmmm, sounds like a libtard logic and tactics to me. I bet it is the same unhinged guy that tried to get traction with the whole #dumpruss thing when he did not get his way with the whole MAPR thing. I'd bet money on it in fact. Time to call the waambulance methinks. :lol: After reading the last few W-N-W, am going to get a subscription instead of just buying one randomly at the gas station from here on out. :lol:

#38 ·
MY GOD GUYS, a quick google search with the name of the magazine and who I thought was being referenced here found me the answer in like 18 seconds. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Woodsnwaternews/reviews/

This thread alone and my new subscription will help offset any losses from the supposed "majority" and this tantrum and any future tantrums methinks. :sad:

#69 ·
MY GOD GUYS, a quick google search with the name of the magazine and who I thought was being referenced here found me the answer in like 18 seconds. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Woodsnwaternews/reviews/

This thread alone and my new subscription will help offset any losses from the supposed "majority" and this tantrum and any future tantrums methinks. :sad:
I buy them, but will subscribe now and buy a sub for my grandsons in Caro. They live in farm country but hunt in Ogemaw.

#39 ·
DumpRuss, Boycott W-N-W, starve the beast....ha ha I think some folks are coming unhinged. RELAX, it's just a ditch goat .....shoot, clean, eat, repeat. :lol:

#43 · (Edited)
DumpRuss, Boycott W-N-W, starve the beast....ha ha I think some folks are coming unhinged. RELAX, it's just a ditch goat .....shoot, clean, eat, repeat. :lol:

Wanted to boycott W&W so bad for giving SMITH a column i clicked on review and went on a rant next thing you know i HAVE a NEW 2 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION ! DITCH GOAT thats a good one!! You would think as much as some people WORSHIP those ANTLERS you would think they were made of gold! Almost as bad as the thread about getting rid of crossbows because they are so easy !! Yet the guys that are bitching are shooting compounds with at least 75% letoff bows with releases ,sights ,stabilizers ! never knew shooting a compound could be so hard LMAO !

#44 ·
Wanted to boycott W&W so bad for giving SMITH a column i clicked on review and went on a rant next thing you know i HAVE a NEW 2 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION ! DITCH GOAT thats a good one!! You would think as much as some people WORSHIP those ANTLERS you would think they were made of gold!

I have never subscribed, just bought one here and there while getting gas and such. That will change later today, new subscriber coming at em.

#45 ·
I have never subscribed, just bought one here and there while getting gas and such. That will change later today, new subscriber coming at em.
I WAS a subscriber about 10 plus years ago havn't bought one in years until today!!

#42 ·
Some standard operating procedures can be seen from space and do not require one to be very observant. :lol: The odd part is how many of these very same guys go apenuts crazy when the same tactics/plays come out of the left side of D.C. How they cannot see the parallels in their own playbook ...now that I will never get. Just color me eternally befuddled on that one I guess. :sad:

#47 ·
The waambulance :lol:

Still a low-informationer here in the dark as usual, no Fakebook.

... and I'll still not be subscribing the that.

#50 ·
no farcebook here either, never will be for me, but my googlefoo is strong. :lol:

Not sure what "subscribing the that" is though...stumped me on that one.

Reactions: Rowdy Bandit
#53 ·
Tantrums...

Hair Head Hairstyle Facial expression Organ

#61 ·
Well it's Sunday and I'm asking the Lord for forgiveness, for holding a grudge against this guy, when I first joined here and Challenged his point of view and he rode me so hard, so I would respond to try and get me banned, which he almost succeeded at!
I believe he's done to several other members here!

So rude arrogant know-it-all people have
always been my weakness!

So anyway I'm just trying to bring up another point of view!

And point out the hypocrisy !

#70 ·
Like I have always said "The so called sportsmen of Michigan are their own worst enemy."

They will not support each other. Take the Dove bill for instance. I had a $100 worth of ammo on the counter in a big box gun department. I was talking about hunting doves with the manager. He said he would not be voting for it as he would not be hunting them. I told him you will never see me in here again if you will not support your fellow sportsmen and to have fun putting what I had planed on buying back on the shelf.

Then when all of the Sportsmen of Michigan supported the bear hunters. It was not long after that they got the trappers ability to trap a few bobcats in the lower put on hold as they wanted them all for the dog hunters. Would I support the bear hunters again, I would have to seriously think it over.

As the link to Mike Avery's program does not work any more for me I could not go back and see if I remember right what he said. If I remember right he said some thing about sportsmen ship going down hill in the state. In my opinion it started down hill when the pacific salmon first ran the rivers to spawn. No one knew how to catch them fair and square so that brought on the snagging of them. After that it brought on snagging of walleye out of the hot water hole at the Cobb Plant in Muskegon. That was pretty much stopped by the true sportsmen fishing there by throwing a few snaggers in the water as they could never get a CO there in time to pinch them.

To me it seems like sportsmen ship has been on a long down hill slide since then. With the QDM pushers being so adamant about big horns and getting nasty if you do not agree it is only driving deer hunters farther apart.

Sadly when push comes to shove we will lose it all if a referendum comes up on a ballot.

#83 ·
There is an old woodsman's saying: You have to know what the Woods looks like to recognize the unusual. "The constant hunter versus hunter" conflict you mention is not so much a function of the hunting community's lack of organization, but an internal lack of fundamental core values that used to exist within the sport community, increasingly eroded by the sporting goods industry's growing focus and emphasis on commercialization of the various pursuits within the overall sport.

You can claim that this is largely a consequence of less time people expend on obtaining a portion of their annual sustenance, be it growing, hunting, gathering, fishing, etc.;the more detached they become from Nature and natural processes, in both practice and perspective. The Anit-hunting perspective and movement is chiefly recruited from this growing cohort of the U.S. population, mostly urbanites, but not really urbaine. Yes, a large cohort of these individuals do not hunt, but a significantly increasing proportion also number among the hunting community, as well. They kill with bow and gun but not hunt, aided in their look-at-me quest via social media outlets, taking endless photos of their kill to post as evidence of their hunting prowess. This mindest is aided by a variety of OUTDOOR programing ventures and gear manufacturers fighting for that shrinking dollar expenditure pile. Sadly, these are the folks whose behaviors are increasingly copied by many neophites during their entry interval into the "blood sports". Buck Nealy and Ted Nugent, etc. readily come to mind, but there are countless others. They claim that they function in roles as spokespersons for the sport, but the behaviors they "ape" during their "escapades" as resource stewardship, actually have next to nothing to do with that perspective or end-goal. Their approach to hunting serves principally, to further polarize those who were once their peers and serve as poster-board material for the Anti-hunting crowd.

Richard Smith, the person, and Richard P. Smith, the outdoor author share the same name, but not the same behaviors.

One of my hunting partners has two spanking-new sons-in-law who have decided to take up hunting and fishing. It is immensely difficult to coach them to buy a used shotgun, rather than an SBE III; learn to call prior buying $400 worth of calls; learn which ducks taste good and focusing on them, instead of killing birds just to shoot something; focus on all on the aspects of hunting, including learning to process, prepare, and cook what you kill, not just kill. Both of them will start calling this fall, after two seasons of watching ducks and geese move and respond to a variety of calls on water and land. Woods-craft is not dead, it is just diminishing at light speed.

I hunt geese and ducks, yet I have no call lanyard populated by metal bands. I don't have six hundred dollars in acrylic calls that I am constantly trading or buying. My leg bands are in a keep-sake box. I have no logos on my hunting truck, gun, or gear. I hunt deer on foot, either still hunting or posting. I scout deer year-around, mostly during rainy days and inclement weather. I do not own a single item of Sitka gear or UA logo affixed gear. I am not a pro-staffer for anyone, and neither are the hunters and fishers I congregate with. I have no stickers affixed to my boat beyond the motor and hull manufacturer's names. I applaud the efforts of people like Far Beyond Driven for picking-up empty shell casings at Public Hunting areas, building their own equipment, go their own way. "Run" is not used as a synonym for deploy, drive, or use among anyone I spend woods time with.

I couldn't tell you a single pro-staffer's name in any outdoor sport without coaching, and I don't know the geography of the current meg-buck mecca, I couldn't tell you how many animals I have killed in any given year by species, nor do I attach this information to my signature line.

While I am not alone, both in numbers, habits, or perspective, me and my ilk are declining in number at a significant pace. This is why the anti-hunting movement is gaining further traction. IF you can't conceptualize this simple reality and truth, you are part of the problem.

#75 ·
I see by looking at your join date your were not around M-S when there was a QDMA forum that got locked because it got so nasty. If I remember right any QDMA discussion was banned in any other forum. Maybe Steve can straighten me out if that last sentence is not correct.

I agree that are Holes neither side of any issue.

When it was brought back it was called Whitetail Deer Management. Different name but basically the same thing.

I glanced at the link. Like a lot of the other organizations it is just a over up of their real agenda. Sorry but I feel that is what QDMA is all, about big horns.

The more big horns are pushed it is gong to make the division of deer hunters bigger. That is what we do not need at this time in history of all hunting in Michigan.

#77 · (Edited)
Pulled the out the old seniority card on me. Got me there, didn't see that coming. It's perfectly fine that you don't believe in QDM. To each their own. I do wish you would do more then glance at the link. I don't put them on here very often LOL. You're right I was not around for the old forum. So was it just the QDM guys that were nasty or were their some TDM guys involved as well? Sounds like I would have been "debating" with both sides if it was that bad. :)

#79 · (Edited)
From my EXPERIENCES on here the ones that don’t tolerate or listen to the other side are the guys that are against QDM or APR‘s. I’ve been trashed on here and have seen others trashed anytime they mention any belief about QDM or APR’s. I challenge anybody against them to contact the Missouri Department of national resources and ask about their hunter support prior to APR‘s and a hunter support now, or even in the nw-12 here in Mi.
I don’t care what a buck scores what I care about is the animals I harvest have a better chance to live more than a year and a half. A lot of fishermen get really upset on here when a guy keeps a hen walleye! Never a discussion about trophy pike waters never a discussion about raising the size limits of fish but when A blood brother mentions anything about QDM or APR’s a lot of times they get shut down and trashed from others opinions NOT facts! states that have applied APR‘s within a few seasons harvest rates get back to what they were prior, Age of the bucks increase as well as hunter SATISFACTION increases. For the haters please don’t respond until you look up what I’ve stated.
Let’s be conservationist as well as hunters! I couldn’t imagine what was said about Theodore Roosevelt when he established seasons and licenses. He did it to benefit the animals we all pursue in a time when there wasn’t hunters in every section (like now). And from my experience my fellow blood brothers that believe in things like QDM and APR‘s respect the animals they hunt more than the ones who don’t.
Some on here have jumped on me with post like this about CWD. It’s been in Colorado for decades and recently Colorado implemented a 4pt 1 side law, Colorado still has a healthy population of animals and a high hunter success rate, as well as SATISFACTION. Before you start to argue and spell check, look it up.
Any fellow Hunter that abides all laws and respects the animal they harvest (no matter points)I will still help whenever I can, from tracking and dragging even advice, and it would end in a handshake. I wish we all could get along, listen to each other and TALK to each other without bashing and hating.

#95 ·
I disagree I listen, I've changed my mind about mandatory apr's in Southwest Michigan but not in the upper peninsula so here we go again, I stated this
Earlier if I don't accept it Hook Line & Sinker for the whole state of Michigan then I'm wrong!

Thus the reason for the Post trying to stifle Richard P Smith for having an opposing opinion that is how strong this qdm Lobby has become!
Congratulations by the way on that beautiful buck!

#84 ·
A “idiot” that was a fast delete! That’s what I was talking about! And I never stated anything about a majority or minority. I stated that you get trashed if you mention ANYTHING about supporting QDM or APR’S! It seems that MOST of the time those who believe in them have a view and those who don’t have a anger issue

#86 ·
I was just called a idiot stick, and then it was erased, then you just took away your like from a post. I feel like I’m getting kicked brother. I also know a few good men and well known names that quit posting on here because of their believes in APR‘s and QDM.
If possible look up some of the responses to my post in the last few months.

#88 ·
Hand Arm Photograph Product Human body

I’m never pissed just passionate, I just know a lot of QDM guys and even the past president. I know the things they do for habitat improvements for all animals not just the deer they pursue ( I believe more than any group of whitetail hunters) these guys don’t want to few deer but they don’t want to many. Their main goal, a healthy deer herd with a healthy population of mature animals and of corse satisfied outdoorsman. I believe QDM guys including myself (mother n law) will and have changed the views of anti-hunters. Most of these guys I know would be happy at taking a SIX-year-old 100 inch buck. Most guys against those views can’t tell you that older deer taste great, I can,ITS true and you get more!

#91 · (Edited)
Hunting Vertebrate Organism Mammal Plant
Thanks Stick, I never wanted the story of my deer to go public. since it has I’ve been offered many things from many companies for my story that I do not need, so I rejected them all. My success came mainly form my passion and beliefs with the Whitetail deer. he was only the third buck off my place in 14 years, the other was only my third in 10 years of that property. The one with the bow was known by me and in my community for four years. I allowed it to go public because I feel that my story and my beliefs may let a young buck walk under somebodys stand next year that would not of last.
Now what this post is about “woods n waters” They got my story on this deer and they get the stories from many other hunters that believe what I believe. I’m gonna do my best to get the word out about this story it’s author and what he wrote to other hunters with stories like mine, to not answer the phone calls from “woods and waters” inquiring about their experience.

#93 ·
View attachment 303313 Thanks Stick, I never wanted the story of my deer to go public. since it has I’ve been offered many things from many companies for my story that I do not need, so I rejected them all. My success came mainly form my passion and beliefs with the Whitetail deer. he was only the third buck off my place in 14 years, the other was only my third in 10 years of that property. The one with the bow was known by me and in my community for four years. I allowed it to go public because I feel that my story and my beliefs may let a young buck walk under somebodys stand next year that would not of last.
Now what this post is about “woods n waters” They got my story on this deer and they get the stories from many other hunters that believe what I believe. I’m gonna do my best to get the word out about this story it’s author and what he wrote to other hunters with stories like mine, to not answer the phone calls from “woods and waters” inquiring about their experience.
Looks like all these guys buying more woods and waters is helping get the word out on big bucks..Looks like there plan back fired..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.