Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

11/17/2018 Report

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Whopper 24 
#1 ·
There were a lot of boats out on breast bay this morning. After 4 hours we came away with zero and only marked 5 fish during our trip. When we got back to the launch we heard the same. How did everyone else do?

#7 ·
Didn’t get on water at 3 pm, heard it was mad house this morning. I believe it, there was at least 100 trailers in lot. Fished till 6, tried straight out and north past fermi. No hits, lots of marks 22-23 ft of water, N of Fermi. Just wouldn’t hit.

All boats at dock with me, some had been out al day without a hit. [emoji15] One boat had 5, been out since dawn.

Water temp was 34 degrees, clean water everywhere I was.

#9 · (Edited)
Crazy reports!!

I was one of the boats out early and finished till 2:00 , only marked a few fish and all were up in 12 ft range, not one bite

Did a lot of scouting breaking in my new motor and never did find any good numbers of fish, only seen one fish caught, got back to the dock and one boat next to me had 13 and seen a few others so they were biting they mentioned they were trolling @ 1to1.2 mph

#11 ·
Sitting in the heated cabin and grilling venison burgers on the Smoker phantom ended a great morning for our 1st day trip down from GR. We went 9/15. All fish but 1 caught on a fire drill between 830-10. Put a double and
Bag Sleeve Grey Denim Wool
triple in the boat at one point. .9-1.1 mph which was about the only speed you could run in the traffic jams. Skinny sticks, Bandits, P10s were effective. Everyone played nice which was great to see with boards stretched out like gill nets across the bay. Water is much colder than my screen shots from March 15-30 last spring. 42 deg was our hot ticket last spring with 7 fish over 10lbs one morning in same location as yesterday. Biggest was 8.5 today, 20-24 inch on the 8 we boxed. Will be back mid week-through weekend somewhere on Erie. I think a lot of guys would have better luck in Ohio where all the stained water and big mama's are hanging right now.

Attachments

#14 ·
We did pretty good saturday boated about 25 everything on bandits 30 to 60 back 1.2 to 1.4. 22 fow in front on fermi purples and barbie were best for us.
We did well at dumping grounds Saturday, boated 22 and a bonus steelhead. 12lb, 10lb and 2- 9's. 25 foot leads with bandits at 1.2
Sunday they wanted it faster..most bites came at 1.5 to 1.6.....most fish were females, even the "eater" size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.