Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Live from steelhead meet & greet

3K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  Raf 
#1 ·
Fantastic is all I can say. Food is phenomenal thank you G-Man for getting this this place great turnout great guys

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Had a blast, learned a lot! Huge thanks to Ron and Gorden! Slimshady put on a great slideshow on finding temperature brakes and thermalclines. Mike (hotbite) had great tips on rigging sliders and snubbers behind cannon balls to better see eyes or other non steelhead fish.

Great food, excellent facilities, great comradery! See y'all on the water!

Attachments

#9 ·
1st time for me was a Great time!! All who made this possible thank you very. much Food was outstanding as well as the facilities. Also a big thank you to the Sponsors. Looking forward to putting to use the great Info we received this evening. I will definitely be back next year!!

#15 ·
Much thanks to Skinner, Gman, and the presenters for making this a very informative get toghether.
The food was fantastic, thanks to those that contributed. Gordy, make sure your team knows how much we appreciated their efforts.
Cant wait for my first trip over there, in the meantime apparently theres 100 million walleye to catch out there !
Thanks

#19 ·
Kudos to Ron Andres, Gordon Marmion and the staff at the Fieldstone Golf Club for making Meet & Greet II a great experience for all who pursue Lake Erie steelhead.

The presentations by Slimshady, Double Jay and Hot Bite were very interesting and informational.

Many thanks to the sponsors of this event. I will be checking out their websites and plan on making purchases from them after getting a sample of their steelhead lures in my gift bag!

Lastly, as Double Jay told everyone at the meeting, networking with a great bunch of guys from this site is what makes this all work. Let's keep it up and I wish everyone a great upcoming steelhead year!!

Frank
A.K.A. Frank B

#23 ·
Well the Meet N Great is over and I spent all day lounging around and resting up. I was up past 3 am Friday night assembling all the gift bags. A big thank you too all that donated for this:

Anglers Avenue. (also a site sponsor)
AMP American Made Products.
Domka
Dreamweaver.
Gale Force tackle.
Fieldstone GC
Warrior Lures.
Also a big thank you goes out to Steve and this site for allowing us the ability to communicate and set this up.

We had 48 people that RSVPd.

Presentations covered using modern tools to locate the proper temp water and even the approximate dept the set your lures..... spoon selection, downrigger and dipsy techniques. running fixed sliders and free sliders, trailer bearings, how to remove hooks from people and who knows how many side discussions.

This is most likely the biggest and best networking event for the most recent fishing reports. A spread sheet was handed out to all that included MS names, boat names, personal names, phone contacts and what citys we are from.

Fieldstone was a great hosting location, The view from the windows, very clean and well maintained. excellent sitting arrangements and plenty of room to move around. Cranks did and excellent job preparing the side dishes let alone cooking all the donated fish, as well as bar tending. We even had real forks, knifes, cups, glasses, plates, and cloth napkins. I dont think anybody left hungry.... if they did it was their own fault.

Thanks to all the donated fish. We had more then what was needed. I saw many people taking doggie bags out and some even took home fish the was not cooked. There was still quite a bit of uncooked fish remaining at the end of the night. I brought that home with me and this morning handed it out to some elderly people in the neighborhood. They were very grateful in receiving this and they thank you as well.

I don't recall who brought in the crackers/dip and who brought the smokes fish pizza but thanks it was delicious, I heard many people talking about it. I also heard Double J brought in some specially breaded walleye that was very good. It must have been because when I went to get some it was already gone.

Capt Nick hope your feeling better. Your name was mentioned many times. Fsamie, Divers Down... You both missed a great event and many were asking why you were not there... I heard many people commenting about a Meet n Greet 3 for next year..............

Thank all of you for helping make this a great evening.

Skinner

#30 ·
Well the Meet N Great is over and I spent all day lounging around and resting up. I was up past 3 am Friday night assembling all the gift bags. A big thank you too all that donated for this:

Anglers Avenue. (also a site sponsor)
AMP American Made Products.
Domka
Dreamweaver.
Gale Force tackle.
Fieldstone GC
Warrior Lures.
Also a big thank you goes out to Steve and this site for allowing us the ability to communicate and set this up.

We had 48 people that RSVPd.

Presentations covered using modern tools to locate the proper temp water and even the approximate dept the set your lures..... spoon selection, downrigger and dipsy techniques. running fixed sliders and free sliders, trailer bearings, how to remove hooks from people and who knows how many side discussions.

This is most likely the biggest and best networking event for the most recent fishing reports. A spread sheet was handed out to all that included MS names, boat names, personal names, phone contacts and what citys we are from.

Fieldstone was a great hosting location, The view from the windows, very clean and well maintained. excellent sitting arrangements and plenty of room to move around. Cranks did and excellent job preparing the side dishes let alone cooking all the donated fish, as well as bar tending. We even had real forks, knifes, cups, glasses, plates, and cloth napkins. I dont think anybody left hungry.... if they did it was their own fault.

Thanks to all the donated fish. We had more then what was needed. I saw many people taking doggie bags out and some even took home fish the was not cooked. There was still quite a bit of uncooked fish remaining at the end of the night. I brought that home with me and this morning handed it out to some elderly people in the neighborhood. They were very grateful in receiving this and they thank you as well.

I don't recall who brought in the crackers/dip and who brought the smokes fish pizza but thanks it was delicious, I heard many people talking about it. I also heard Double J brought in some specially breaded walleye that was very good. It must have been because when I went to get some it was already gone.

Capt Nick hope your feeling better. Your name was mentioned many times. Fsamie, Divers Down... You both missed a great event and many were asking why you were not there... I heard many people commenting about a Meet n Greet 3 for next year..............

Thank all of you for helping make this a great evening.

Skinner
That was my walleye dip - I always use more fish than specified, but I like fish :) I cook for myself :) This is not mine, and was from MI Outdoors...

1 lb walleye
1lb Cream cheese
8 oz sour cream
couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 C red onion
2tb garlic
S&P to taste

Boil fish in water and old bay seasoning, she just filled the palm of her hand... 6 - 8 minutes

Flake fish in bowl

Add all other ingredients - works better is fish is still warm - mix well...

Marinate 4 - 6 hours in fridge, I let mine go over night...

#24 ·
Had a great time last night the food was great! Lots of info given out! Can’t thank the sponsors enough. skinner did a great job putting it all together.... can’t wait for July to come.....

#25 ·
The “specially breaded walleye” goes as follows: Prep your fillets by cutting into frying sized pieces and blot excess water off with paper towel. Roll these pieces in Drake’s Fry Mix and then set aside. Whisk a raw egg with an equal volume of milk in large bowl, then dredge each fillet piece in this mixture, right over the top of the Drake’s coating. This can get a little messy; I’ve found tongs help a lot. Take these pieces and roll them in “Kelloggs Corn Flake Crumbs” until coated evenly and completely. Fry in hot (380-400F) Canola Oil, turning once to brown evenly. (You may also use deep fryer!). Remove from fryer and let sit on paper towel covered plate until served. I got this idea from a nice lady friend on Facebook that is always sharing awesome recipes and posting pics of her hunting and fishing (Courtney Homan).....Good luck, Bon Appetit! Jay

#26 ·
Food Tableware Table Dishware Ingredient

The buffet table.. After the first round of attack.. Even flowers put out.
Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Cuisine

All the perch and walleye anyone would want. Scallop potatoes mixed veggies.
Food Tableware Table Dishware Ingredient

Corn bread, Mac n Cheese, Salad, and quite a few other items not mentioned.

#29 ·
Table Furniture Chair Tableware Suit

SlimShady putting on a a very helpful presentation on using your computer, phone, for current water temp data. Can be done from your house, car or live on the water....
Product Black Table Textile Grey

The Gift table ( all donated), Anglers Avenue, Fieldstone Golf Gift Certificates, battery heated jacket, shirts and wall hanging of very cool fish artwork. Look at AMP American Made Performance for many other nice items they have. Each person there was given a ticket and at the end of the event a tickets were pulled out of the pitcher and the matching ticket winners selected the item they liked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.