Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Another Saturday at the zoo

5K views 51 replies 22 participants last post by  6667supersport 
#1 ·
Anyone heading to the zoo from a Michigan sportsman's crew, Anyone out yesterday how's ice. I'm stuck working today due to 3 rain days this week which I spent fishing I'm glad I did , Did good Sunday Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Big ones wanted Meet on Wednesday. Jigger jarvie you Going, What about you gruder Let me know how it is tomorrow thinking today will be the last day time to head North , Friends are fishing TA Up North Hit me up guys let me know how it is Good luck be safe hook dam Wales in the lips

#25 ·
I was out there from 6:30a.m. till 6:30p.m. today. Never looked at the forum till now. I didn't catch enough keepers to being home. Gave my 2 fish to that guy in the hunter orange coat. It was not a day for my tackle box. Meat only from what I heard. Talked to a few different guys, all fished bobbers. Lotta hole hopping, knot tying, and wondering why the he'll I was there more than 2 hours. Lol. And of course I'll try again in the morning, weather pending

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

#26 ·
One keeper all day, probably 10 dinks.

Walked out from the day sail along the beachfront almost all the way down to the willows, fished my way along, 5 dinks on the walk. Closer I got to the point the dirtier the water was.

Came back towards the front of the flagpole and stayed for awhile, about 2:00 walked back to the pack and well I was skunked, threw just about every jig, lure, minnow, waxey. Ice was getting soft, about the top two inches are honeycomb, rest is solid.

#45 ·
Thanks much for the report you saved me a 5 minute drive which may have ended with me weeping openly. Saw it and threw my bibs in the washing machine. Ice out long polling time. Never thought I'd say this but come on sun, great season. Thinking about shore fishing SCR. Have not done this since I was a teenager any advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.