Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

My best friend got hit

3K views 44 replies 20 participants last post by  Gamechanger 
#1 ·
Water Glasses Sky Dog Cloud
My 18 month old Rocco snuck out of my garage and is now at vets with sewn up diaphragm and fractured pelvis. Happened about 36 hrs ago . Vet says he has a little better than 50 / 50 chance. I didn't have him and his mom on the leashes for about one minute. He still made it 80 yards to the road. It's tearing up my wife and me. Dogs are heartbreakers.please say a prayer for him. Thank You, Pat

See less See more
#12 ·
Dog Eye Dog supply Dog breed Carnivore
This is today. I can see the life coming back. Vet and staff have been super. He nibbled on some food / very little . I really appreciate you fellas replies. Good to have support of dog people. If he makes it I'm gonna change his name to Velcro cause I'm keeping him close.

#18 ·
Dog's are TOUGH critter's, he'll be good as new before ya know it. Good luck. My 4 yr old beagle was hit by some ******* doing 40 and made it through it. Took him about a week to be back 100% he'll still limp a little after running HARD all day, other then a couple scars on his face and that ya could never tell any different

#24 ·
Dog's are TOUGH critter's, he'll be good as new before ya know it. Good luck. My 4 yr old beagle was hit by some ******* doing 40 and made it through it. Took him about a week to be back 100% he'll still limp a little after running HARD all day, other then a couple scars on his face and that ya could never tell any different
Yes, he's earning the first three letters of hi name. My wife and I appreciate the words of encouragement, helps a lot.

#29 ·
Gone Coastal... I'm very happy for you that it seems like Rocco is doing better. And, not to throw the thread of, but Rocco and Gamechanger's dog, those are Westie's? My "non-hunting" dog is a 14.5 year old Yorkie. He's not doing horribly, but has digestive problems and has had kidney disease for 3 years. I hope he stays for a few years to come... but it's going to happen. I was thinking about a Westie next. Any thoughts?

#41 ·
Dog Leg Dog breed Cloud Sunglasses
Yes, he was wearing a diaper but already barks to go outside. He urinates well and dropped a bowel movement that was sizable with no blood. I carry him to and fro cause the vet's orders are minimal hip movement.
Rocco today continues to get more like himself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.