Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Cannonsberg training

1K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  srconnell22 
#1 ·
Only had enough time to make it up this bad boy 3 times with my 45lb pack tonight. Anyone in the Grand Rapids area want to start a weekly training group?

See less See more
#6 ·
Why wait?

#4 ·
Focused on bike training now but will be out there over the summer. The last couple years they have set up a bar and grill on the deck on Tuesdays for Mt bikers workout then get a brat and a beer!

#7 ·
Focused on bike training now but will be out there over the summer. The last couple years they have set up a bar and grill on the deck on Tuesdays for Mt bikers workout then get a brat and a beer!
The proverbial "carrot on a stick"!:D:cool:

Reactions: slabstar and Skibum
#5 ·
That's a great idea. What day are you thinking about?

#11 ·
Thursday nights might work for me. I work in north Lansing but live in NW Eaton Co. Cannonsburg is under an hour from my house.
Do you know what the elevation change is at Cburg?

#12 ·
The Rouge game area near there off Honeycreek(?) has cross country type trails. Ski' s in winter were one use.
One long grade seemed longer after dragging a deer from the far side of the property in jump boots resoled with chemi gum ( slick) soles on leaves.
Thought sure the hair would be worn off that one before I saw the truck.

Ahh, it was good to be to be young and in top shape once upon a time!

#13 ·
Be sure and check the Picnic Pops schedule if you are thinking Thursdays. Usually it runs 3 or 4 weeks in July I believe. It is closed for hiking. Workouts aside that is a fun date night on a summer evening if you've never been.

#16 ·
We attend one a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.