Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Port sanilac

123K views 879 replies 111 participants last post by  andyotto 
#1 ·
Fished this evening from 4:30pm until 8:00pm had my 16 year old brother in law in town from California on board. He's never caught anything more than small pond fish. I set lines In 70 fow and trolled north in 3 1/2 hrs he went 3 for 8 I just steered the boat set lines and netted fish. Ended up with 1 Atlantic salmon 1 nice steelhead and one nice walleye.

#422 ·
I'd fish in front of trailer park 60-70 fow. Put mag green dolphin on dipsy 20 foot leads 3 setting 90 back on one 12o on other. 7 color should be best. I'd run that with green dolphin also. That spoon has been my top producer for kings...sometimes bumping up the speed helps. 3.0 mph you might get more hits...

#445 ·
hello starcraft, I,m coming up to deckerville on Friday and was looking to get some pointers on what and where to try out of Port Sanilac. Taking my cousins boat out and we are rookies to say the least. Any help would be great. I see you posting all the time and it sounds like if any one could help us out you would be the man.

#449 ·
My dad(hartland-hunter) and I made it out today and ended up 7-9. Boated 5 lakers and two atlantics. Had two lakers come unbuttoned at the net and 6-8 more releases with nothing home. Best water as 46-55ft north of the trailer park. Could only get hits on a north troll around 2.2-2.4sog. Riggers with silver dodger and fire tiger spin n glo took 4 hits. 5 color with red and green flounder pounder took the atlantics and one laker. Last laker on ten color flounder pounder. Dipseys and high lines never took a hit.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.