Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

SCR water clarity

3K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  snortwheeze 
#1 ·
How is the St. Clair River water clarity after last Friday? Debating whether to go out tonight or tomorrow...

#4 · (Edited)
Water is gonna cloud up here real soon. Went thru a major down pour on the way home last night after fishing and it just poured cats and dogs a few times this afternoon. Rivers will be high and dirty flowing towards the SCR and LSC.

That shouldn't really matter except for maybe the 1st bad day (if it gets real muddy). There are so many fish down there odds are pretty good you will drop it right on top of one of them sooner than later.

Water was cloudy where I was casting last night and it didn't affect the bite at all, my husky jerk looks like I dragged it behind the car all the way to the river, its so scratched up. :lol:

#6 ·
I fished this afternoon kind of a newbie didn't catch anything fished from 12:30-4:30 then got little to rough for my boat . Used 5/8 jig chartruse with blue ice or purple ice fin s tipped with minnow. Marked fish often but nothing wasn't best day for weather though, 1 guy at ramp only had 1 and he said he has been killing them ?

#9 ·
Yes today was my first time in my own boat running the trolling motor was definitely lot harder than I thought to stay vertical but I got the hang of it eventually but after a snag and broke line I was frantic trying to retie and control the boat in the wind today. I guess I need heavier jigs only fished sag river before thanks

#11 ·
I was out Sunday mid-day, and clarity was fine, but that was before the big rain (about 1.5" in St.Clair). Ditches are all full and little rivers (Belle), are way up. Usually takes a day, for the SCR to get muddy from that (time for the drains to come down), so would expect this am might be OK, but later today the mud will start having bigger effect.

#12 ·
I was out after the storm last night til sunset - water was not noticeably stained at all.
Fish were much deeper than they have been!
<----<<<

Reactions: LLSSt Clair
#21 ·
We need to add a "NOT LIKE" button! :(
Glad we got our 2-man yesterday after the storm!
<----<<<

Reactions: LLSSt Clair
#24 ·
Fished Marysville Saturday midday and made quick work of a 2 man, fished sunday afternoon, same spot almost wraped up a 3 man before the rain, toughed it out through the monsoon and punched the tickets after the rain...jiggin, antifreeze jig 3/4oz....any color body worked! Blue ice/pimp daddy/purple rain/motor oil...didnt matter. Shorelines were gettin muddied up. We were out from shore further than everyone else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.