Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Big Fish!!!

4K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  Anish 
#1 ·
I was jigging for walleye over a deep piece of structure this evening. 36ft, buckshot spoon with minnow head. Had two come walleyes come unbuttoned at the hole, iced a 20"er and then a big mark showed up on the hummingbird, slammed my jig .15 minutes and several scorching runs later I nearly soiled my striker suit when I caught the first glimpse of this beast's head under the hole.A nearby fishermen performed a heroic gaff job and we dragged this 39", 20lb 2oz lake trout onto the ice. Fish was caught on a gander mountain pro series med action rod, 8lb power pro ice braid and 12lb fluoro leader.
Sky Vertebrate Snow Water Fish
Sky Outerwear Snow Jacket Fish
Food Fin Salmon-like fish Fish Seafood

See less See more
#16 ·
I was jigging for walleye over a deep piece of structure this evening. 36ft, buckshot spoon with minnow head. Had two come walleyes come unbuttoned at the hole, iced a 20"er and then a big mark showed up on the hummingbird, slammed my jig .15 minutes and several scorching runs later I nearly soiled my striker suit when I caught the first glimpse of this beast's head under the hole.A nearby fishermen performed a heroic gaff job and we dragged this 39", 20lb 2oz lake trout onto the ice. Fish was caught on a gander mountain pro series med action rod, 8lb power pro ice braid and 12lb fluoro leader. View attachment 245041 View attachment 245042 View attachment 245043
next time you fish in my hole there's gonna bee trouble LOL dam u r one lucky dude nice going

#21 ·
That was a brute for sure, so did you end up taking someplace to get mounted?

I couldn't respond due to my forced hiatus, but could of advised you where to go or not go. I wasn't impressed by the work of some of the taxidermist mentioned in this thread, and I learned the hard way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.