Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Green Lake GT Count smelt thread

34K views 205 replies 65 participants last post by  Hoytman5 
#1 ·
What's the word For ice conditions?

#172 ·
Got one last go and nailed them but I don't recommend anyone else going out after tonight. Another guy and myself were the only people out. Almost all of the clear ice is gone and the shore ice is breaking up. Luckily I wore my muck boots!
I tried to make it out tonight one last time, but she's done, shore ice is trash and looks like something big went in about 20 feet off the launch

#191 ·
The road wasn't too bad this past weekend but if it warms up it could get nasty fast. Also, I was not impressed with the ice conditions on the Karlin side. 45 fow and it had maybe an inch to two inches of clear ice with 7 or 8 inches of Grey ice.

#192 ·
The road wasn't too bad this past weekend but if it warms up it could get nasty fast. Also, I was not impressed with the ice conditions on the Karlin side. 45 fow and it had maybe an inch to two inches of clear ice with 7 or 8 inches of Grey ice.
Thanks for the info, I've always fished the karlin side but may have to give the music camp a shot this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.