Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

shrooms 2015

25K views 191 replies 68 participants last post by  tcfishes 
#1 ·
Found 5 grabbed 3 for a pic I've found my first of the season in this same ten foot circle around my lucky stump 5 years in a row

Attachments

See less See more
#48 ·
Other than a few early lone soldiers here and there, I'd think its gonna be a week and a half to two weeks before it REALLY gets going in the northeast. But that's just my opinion. Mainly because of the lack of rain and the cold temps coming this week. Still not much going on here in the southeast part of the state, plenty warm but need rain bad.

#49 ·
I checked some spots in Yankee today, 2 have been logged off, thats 3 spots in 2 days that have been logged in 2 countys:mad: Only found 3 today very small, as normal its a little behind in yankee to allegan. On a side note, the condition of the roads is absolutley obsured:confused: They have been geting worse and worse but this is awfull couldnt even get to a few spots with the truck that i used to get to with a camery, I know alot of it is from idiots joy riding but a BUNCH is from the logging companys:sad: Why the state doesnt make them fix what they ruin or go in for them is beyond me.

#51 ·
I checked some spots in Yankee today, 2 have been logged off, thats 3 spots in 2 days that have been logged in 2 countys:mad: Only found 3 today very small, as normal its a little behind in yankee to allegan. On a side note, the condition of the roads is absolutley obsured:confused: They have been geting worse and worse but this is awfull couldnt even get to a few spots with the truck that i used to get to with a camery, I know alot of it is from idiots joy riding but a BUNCH is from the logging companys:sad: Why the state doesnt make them fix what they ruin or go in for them is beyond me.
I would be checking those logged areas, if they were logged in the fall last year or early winter, you may be in for the motherload this year... last year I killed it in a logged area of big tooth aspen and white oak. the aspens threw off tons of blacks, and some of the white oak (yes I said white oak) and big tooth were giving up blondes as well later on when the blacks were about done. there were so many blacks, i probably left as many as i picked due to not being able to find them all in a timely manner over the couple weeks of hunting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.