Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Technique for rainbow trout?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  esocidehunter 
#1 ·
I have been fishing a few lakes that are stocked with trout by me and havent had any luck bringing them in. I believe I am marking them on my fish finder but when they rise to look at my bait they never strike. I have fished with ice fishing jigs and flies tipped with wax worms and night crawlers in the morning and into the night an hour and still havent had luck. I was wondering if any one had any pointers on how to catch them and best time to catch them. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
see your from tipton no idea what lake you fished . But i fished Deep for them and used corn just after dark and did good. Straight out from the launch about 100yds or is theres a point hats a drop off from shallow to deep. Is where we got them used a can for chum on and off about every 15 min threw a hand full out fished about 10-15ft down with just hook and corn last time we got 4 in about 2 hrs and missed a couple more

#5 ·
we have had good luck over here fishing at night with our smelt fishing lights hung over the side. ( also see a lot of guys dangling lanterns) We chum w/corn (not too much) and use a variety of diff baits ( worms, corn, burkley trout bait, any combo of these) down anywhere from 6 to 15 feet over deep water. (bout 50 foot in a 90 foot lake). Some times catch a few before dark trolling spinners or small body baits. (some more successfull guys troll cowbells, but I dont have any)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.