Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Bear Hunting Cadillac Area

12K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  mark49331 
#1 ·
I currently hold 10 points and would like to try a Bear hunt in the Cadillac area has anybody heard of the Nixon s or is there any other guides in the area ???

#2 ·
I currently hold 10 points and would like to try a Bear hunt in the Cadillac area has anybody heard of the Nixon s or is there any other guides in the area ???
Rob & Wade Nixon run a baiting outfit out of Cadillac West.

I'd suggest a pm to Coyote Dave on this forum, he knows all the bears in that area. I'm sure his knowledge would help you tremendously.

#7 ·
I think it might be hard to draw a tag with 10 points. The DNR sight shows there were 150 applicants with 10 points last year and only 60 got tags. That would leave 90 with 11 points for this years drawing, if only these same people apply. So even those with 11 points aren't guaranteed a tag this year.

#12 ·
How many Hunters does Nixon Brothers take each year. I also have 12 points but heard they book up early and with limited tags and having to wait to see if you get one epsecially with many having the number points as mention because many are looking to hunt the Baldwin Unit.

I am still contemplating whether to apply might do so and just hunt my property in Newaygo County since there is little info on Bear Numbers unless you have someone that knows the areas and has some idea...

Good Luck if you do get a tag...

Newaygo1

#15 ·
You can apply for a preference point or receive one when you do not draw for the year. To my knowledge there was only one time that the DNR issued an extra PP in a years time but that was due to an error on their part.

#16 ·
I am looking for a tag this year and I have 14 points!:D
Nobody has 14 points going into this years draw!!! You will only have 14 after the draw.. Of course if you have 13 you are guaranteed to hunt this year if you choose and if you have 12 not everybody with 12 will draw!! It's gonna take more points with each passing year and more people switching to baldwin and drummond island units.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.