Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Lfts 11/30

19K views 190 replies 60 participants last post by  kappa8 
#1 ·
Any one gonna be out there besides me?

#132 ·
#133 ·
I took a stand in The Hickory this evening. Never killed one there. Too cold to post earlier. Glad I went. The cold and wind had them on their feet, but it was after 5pm. Unfortunately all I have to show for it is another failed conversion. There was a doe, fawn and one antlered spike together and transitioning from woods to picked corn. Couldn't get them sorted out and in a clear lane, even though they were within 50 yards. Then the doe ran past and sprinted to 100 yards and joined up with the two fawns already present. Why don't these does like hanging around field edges? I think the deer are burnt right about now.
Looks like I'm 5/10, at this point in the season. Gosh, who would ever think executing a shot with a scoped firearm would be such a challenge?

:shhh: Don't tell the farmer. He'll say, "Why didn't you shoot the buck? They eat beans, too, you know!"

:lol:

#146 ·
He is not wrong. He said during the late antlerless season. You can only shoot a buck on Public Land with a muzzleloader 12/14-1/1. You can however use any legal firemarm on Public or Private during the "muzzleload" season in Zone 3. Now...we are about to get scolded...this is LFTS...we beat this to death in other threads...feel free to look it up and read the umpteen pages of discussion;)
Don't make OGB pull this car over.

#148 ·
Well that’s a wrap for me. Although I didn’t get to hunt much this year due to some health issues, I did however tag along with all of you through LFTS. So thanks to you all for allowing me to hunt vicariously, it was fun, funny, and hilarious everyday. Congrats to those Of you who are done. Good luck to everyone else the rest of the year. Good thing we have 42 different deer seasons here in Michigan. Get it done!

#150 ·
#155 ·
Eye Plant Leaf Branch Beak
After over 50 years of hunting, I took my first "last day" buck. This is the one I missed last week. I hunted Saturday morning and this morning, Nothing. Checked card and he was there Saturday and Sunday evening but I wasn't, so I made sure to be back in the blind by 3:30. Alittle after 4 he made his appearance and completed my rifle season. Been awesome reading the LFTS this year, congrats to everyone, see ya muzzleloader season.

#156 ·
View attachment 610499 After over 50 years of hunting, I took my first "last day" buck. This is the one I missed last week. I hunted Saturday morning and this morning, Nothing. Checked card and he was there Saturday and Sunday evening but I wasn't, so I made sure to be back in the blind by 3:30. Alittle after 4 he made his appearance and completed my rifle season. Been awesome reading the LFTS this year, congrats to everyone, see ya muzzleloader season.
Good job! Way to hang in there to the very end.

#158 ·
Pro tip: Using a small Tupperware for snacks is less crackily than a plastic ziploc bag... :)

Although the deer might get a whiff of your meal.

View attachment 610199
I don't know if some post's have already been said? But an apple slicer in the woods is a new one on me !!! Lol
That's an interesting deer hunting tool there ! Lol
Just kidding...

#185 ·
#187 ·
Blue Alaskan,.congratulations on making it happen on the last day of gun..
I don't know what the weather conditions were like where you are located, but if it was anything close to the weather we've had today (pitiful ,wet windy, ) ,you really pushed through!! Good job !!!
Thanks, crazy season for sure. Wasn't wet but wind was sure howling. Hunting and LFTS has been awesome for many of us during these crazy and difficult times. Thanks to everyone. Stay safe and hunt on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.