Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Team #19 THE SLUGS!

7K views 108 replies 11 participants last post by  bigcatjake 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Hello everyone, first time on one of these teams. I’m Jake, I hunt a few different places- public land in Oakland county, Private land in Washtenaw and Genesee counties. I usually go with the 12 gauge only so I’m limited to firearm season only but I bought my first cross bow this year off another member of this site so I’m excited to get out a lot more often.

#83 ·
Great contribution but not surprised, you're at least consistent! :confused::rolleyes:o_O
Perfect example of the guy that signs up (always late btw) and then disappears.

#8 ·
Hello all, I’m Scott and I hunt a Barry County farm and my parents land in Arenac county! Don’t get me confused with the other Dewy on the team...he’s my older brother aka copy cat on user names! . Freezer is a bit low and my son didn’t shoot anything during youth hunt so I’ll be shooting the first big doe to give me a shot! I’m holding out for a 3.5 yr old or better buck and have a lot of time to hunt this year so we will see how this goes! Good luck! Let’s get this party started!!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

#27 ·
Was a really slow opening morning for me in Barry county. Pulled a card on way in and decided I needed to hang a new stand at lunch so I did and I’m sitting in it this afternoon. Hoping to put some points on the boards with a big doe tonight! They’ve been regular through here almost every afternoon so I’m hoping the keep up the pattern tonight.

Anyone have any luck this morning?

Good luck!

#28 ·
I only seen 2 does and 3 babies, still felt great to be back in the stand. Best part was I actually got to bring my old man out with me, health reasons he don’t get many hunts in with me at my place. 30 mins after daylight he had a giant come in 25 yds perfect shot. Pops says he hit a branch and bolt went high and buried in a tree, I think it was just buck fever lol. He was still shaking when I came to get him 2 hrs later. Great part was buck never spooked, browsed some more then right back into thicket it came out of. I pulled 3 cams that were on my way out , only a cpl decent guys so far no giants like he missed. Says it was biggest buck he has seen in the woods, rough to hear cause he has shot some biggins. I’ll be back out Saturday for a all day sit and then Sunday am. Good luck guys
Vertebrate White Elk Nature Black
Deer Organism Natural material Elk Black-and-white

#30 ·
7 points for The Slugs! I’m on the board! It was a tough 7 yd shot! Perfect double lung & heart shot! Went about 90-100 yds and piled up! I checked a trail cam on way in this morning and noticed a group of doe were coming through every evening around 7 pm so I went home, grabbed a stand and sticks and set up on them! Like clock work she came in at 7:10 and I let the Halon 6 and Dead meat eat! Feels good to get some more meat in the freezer!!
Sculpture Art Wallaby Event Building

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.