Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

EGO S2 slider net

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  AdamBradley 
#1 ·
Does anyone use these nets? I'm looking for something extendable/ compact. I've read a lot of mixed reviews. Any input will be appreciated.

#2 ·
Used mine for about 3 years started with the fine mesh bag worked ok but the hooks got tangled pretty bad. Switched to the rubber bag much better. Getting it to extend somewhat difficult til u get the trick don’t pull the handle out push the button and pull the net hoop out. It’s supposed to float havent tested out that feature. I think the 2 is the 2nd generation where they worked out the kinks from the Gen 1 which may be the bad reviews u have read

#3 ·
Thanks for the information. Since you posted, I see the 2nd generation was beefed up for better lifting capacities. Can you tell me , does it stay locked in position nice and secure while extended ? I plan on using it mostly on the wall in Port Huron where getting a fish on land requires a straight vertical lift and it would be a bummer to have it slip apart-they are a little pricey. Thanks.

#4 ·
I looked at a couple when I was at Cabelas and they looked and felt substantial. Seemed like a real nice net to me just didn't want to spend that. I went in for a Magnum rubber net, the net goes from about 5ft to full on 8ft. No lock in between though. Crazy. Drill, Machine screw and wing nut for me.

#8 ·
I purchased the new S2 slider reach with the medium clear net. I use it for walleye and had plans to purchase the large net for silver fish but can't imagine netting a nice king or steelhead with the handle extended. Nice net for walleye but went with a different net on silver

#10 ·
I'm considering investing in one of these nets. I realize this is a old thread, hopefully members can give accurate feedback if they have tried one.

I like the concept of being able to put on accessories and change hoop sizes for different fish.

Big price tag to buy everything.

Reviews are not that great on Cabelas and amazon.

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.