Who buys coyote furs

Discussion in 'MichiganTrapping.com' started by HPP, Dec 17, 2012.

1. I live Lenawee county and caught a coyote in a foot hold trap this morning and would like to sell it. Who buys them? I know there was a truck that came to Johnson's sporting goods in Adrian but I heard they don't come there anymore.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Go to groenwolds fur and wool co. website .. They will have their fur route stops posted . Did you skin it ? Don't wait to long or it will get green belly and spoil. I don't know if they will buy it in the round. good luck nice catch !!!!

3. I didn't skin him today, if I do it in the morning do you think it will be ok?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. We need details, what kind of set? What trap? What bait? What lure?

Thanks

5. Dirt hole set next to a straw bale with some old Tom Miranda lure. I bet I've had that bottle of lure for close to ten years but it still stinks to high heaven. Lol! ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1355972113.945768.jpg ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1355972140.058470.jpg

6. Unless you have a personal use for the skin and or hide I would pitch it. yotes prices stink as much as they do.

Lots of work for a 10.00 hide.

Congrats though!

If you are into putting up...do it.

7. Only $10 huh? Definitely not worth the time I spent skinning that smelly bastard. I thought fur prices where making a come back, must have heard wrong.

8. Last I knew they were $35

9. That would be worth a little effort.

10. Seems to depend on the condition and color of the fur, and properly put up then finding a buyer that wont completely take advantage of you. Many local buyers will take advantage of you then sell lots on auction for good money. Last year I heard of some people getting upwards of $120 for a prime yote.

11. I guess I would look at it this way: Even if the pelt is only worth $10, why not skin it? It would give you practice, and that would allow you to make fewer mistakes on the pelts in the future, when they may fetch a higher price, and your speed could improve.
    Just curious, where have you been selling your other catches? Or have you only targeted the coyotes?

12. I don't trap that often, I'm laid off right now and have some extra time. I've only ever sold one to a guy that worked at Johnson's sporting goods.

13. I find that really hard to believe for a Michigan coyote :16suspect