Which McKenzie Form?

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by srconnell22, Dec 10, 2008.

1. I have two deer that I'm getting mounted this year...and wanted the experts' input on which form is best....

I currently have two that are the McKenzie 9800, I think (maybe you guys can confirm).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm thinking of the McKenzie 8400 series for my next ones, but wanted to see if you guys knew of anything else for these two. I was thinking the same form for both and offset them like I have the pedestal ones facing in toward each other, but due to their different body styles you may recommend a different form for each.

First one is a big neck (36" at the base, 25" just under the jaw), full rut buck.

[​IMG]

Second one is a much smaller deer, much taller rack.

[​IMG]

any help would be greatly appreciated...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Scott, your just showing off now.. :lol:

The second picture is a very nice job done on that deer.
    The McKenzie HD series is up high on my list of forms that I like.
    84"s are good ones too, I like them as well. You can't go wrong with that choice.

3. #3 srconnell22, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  4. yes 98's. page 44 is the HD's.

5. UNREEL

UNREEL Banned

I am no taxidermist, but if I were to pick a form for those 2 deer, my 2 favorite forms are the Mackenzie 6400U, and for the big bodied bucks you must see the new one out by Revolution called the Intimidator.

www.revolutiontaxidermysupply.com

I have 3 bucks mounted from these forms, the Last Chance, Hide&seek, and the Artistic Sweep. They are very cool looking poses.

The 6400 is still my favorite, especially with a wide rack and full neck..

#5 UNREEL, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  6. I agree with unreel. I JUST mounted a buck on a relaxed sweep and I love the mannikin with the detail in the form. I shot a decent buck with a big neck and the intimdator is where I will be at and I will be entering it at the MTA show this year. I also like there offset mannikins. Give them a look. Very nice company.