When is the coyote breeding season?

Discussion in 'Basic Varmint Hunting Techniques' started by coyote hunter, Feb 23, 2008.

1. coyote hunter

coyote hunter Banned

when is the breeding season for coyotes? and will they respond to a howl during the breeding season? what sounds should i use?:confused::confused:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. They're traveling in pairs up here right now. They love to be out on the ice in the wide open, even during the day, for some reason. I've seen several pairs.

And that's all I can help you with. I'm sure they would respond to a howler, but I'll defer to someone a lot more knowledgeable than I, and that would be a lot of people.

3. February is the breeding season...I've never read anything more specific that would suggest early February or late February. But, February is the month.

4. RIGHT NOW ! ! !
    I saw4 spots where the dogs were "hooking up" when I scouted on Saturday. :coolgleam

5. females are denned up now.I have only been taking males for the last two weeks, locator/howler will work,they have been aggressive!

6. gogoman

One thing I've learned over the years of hunting and trapping predators is not to assume there is only one reason for how animals are behaving at a certain time of year.

Griff

7. last 2 weeks of february is the peak breeding season. Hunt the 4 days prior and preceeding the new moon at this time of year. dont be scared to use a dominant yote howl.