What is the best river to wade for steelhead?

Discussion in 'South East Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by mrfisherman, Feb 16, 2011.

1. I was wondering what would be the best river in south east Michigan to wade and use spin cast gear for Steelhead? I was thinking using a drift setup or bottom bouncing, what do u guys think is best?:fish:

2. You are going to get mixed responses on this. Fish whatever you are closer to between the Huron and the Clinton. Learn to float (bobber) fish and you will have some sucess.

3. I agree with Downriver Steel. There are those of us, like myself, who favor the Clinton and others that favor the Huron. I think the choice is simple. Which river is closer to you? Both offer some pretty good wading water and the opportunity to hook a steelhead.

4. Thanks, i think i'll try the Clinton, although the Huron isn't to far either.

5. For the record, if I was right smack in between the two and had to choose one, I would choose the Clinton as well. I think that access to holding water is far better on the Clinton from a wading perspective.