Traverse Bay Fishing/West Bay

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by johndeere506, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Does anyone have any tips for fishing Traverse (west) Bay for bass, perch, anything, etc.? I am considering doing a charter/guide to catch some fish as well as to learn how to do it in the future. I have a lot of experience fishing small lakes and ponds for Largemouth and pike, just very new to fishing large lakes such as the bay. Anyone recommend any charters on the West Bay? Or have any tips on when, where and how to catch? Thanks!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I don't get out on West Bay in a boat very often, but this time of year I would be thinking about smallies on the shallow flats.

3. Smallies are the name of the game. Will be up there off and on for the next three weeks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Northern Adventures, Captain Chris Noffsinger (231) 620-7000. Outstanding smallmouth guide, tell him Sam sent you.
    www.Northernadventuresfishing.com

If your looking to learn about the trout fishery in the bays, I am your guy! I would be happy to take you trolling, we are putting up big numbers on large lake trout right now. Just PM me. If you want to learn to jig, maybe you have your own small aluminum, I could probably do that to.

5. Any other tips or suggestions on where to go or who to hire for guides?
    Thanks

6. X2 on the Chris Noffsinger. I have only fished the East bay but its a blast. Fish it on and off until you see the smallies are up on their beds in the flats. Their beds look like big volcanoes. Then just toss a tube on the other side of the bed and slowly pull it through. Before spawn they can be found on the edges of drop-offs.