Suggestions for wheelchair bound 15 yr old

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by thundrst, Feb 10, 2012.

1. What would be a good xbow for a 15 yr. old boy that is wheelchair bound? Also what about pop up blinds? Is there a good way to purchase used or discounted equipment? Any tips on bowhunting from a wheelchair? Any help would be appreciated as my neighbor's son is now interested in bow hunting in addition to turkey hunting (which he has already attempted but didn't quite connect!)

2. Try contacting these guys, the are all about helping people in your neighbor's son's situation.

http://www.wheelinteam457.net/home.html

3. I'd give the same advice I'd give to anyone, disabled or not. Get him to a proshop and have him shoot a few and see what he likes.

4. try bill @ the michigan outdoor heritage foundation for info maybe he can help you. or Tim becker @ powderhorn guns & archery in holland. those two men do alot w/ hunts and stuff for disabled hunters.

5. Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to look into all of them. I know this kid already has the bug & has his father is getting back into it too. Plenty of time to get ready before the season(s), but I'm sure that time will go by fast. This info should get the ball rolling.