Smoked Venison Heart

Discussion in 'Big Game Recipes' started by Little Chief, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Has anyone tried smoking a venison heart,what did you use?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. never smoked it but id like to try it in the crock pot it!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. zig zags and a torch LOL...

Seriously though I would think that due to the lack of fats that that would not be the best choice for a cooking method for the heart. I am the qick sear and eat or slow and low on the tougher parts of the animals such as the hearts.
  4. I have smoked venison heart..... What we did at deer camp was cut the white tallow off the outside of the heart, cut the heart in half cleaned it out . We rubbed it down in Bar B Que sauce and tossed it the Brinkman charcoal smoker with the Chickens we were smoking. It was smoked for 3-4 hours. It was outstanding.
  5. At what temp did you smoke it at? I just put one in the fridge.
  6. I have never smoked it. I always pan cook it, slowly with onions garlic mushrooms and tomatoes. when the acid from the tomatoes has broken down "bout 30-45 min on low simmer it is ready and amazing
  7. Never smoked one. Best way I've found is when the deer is killed to remove it along with the tenderloings and put in bread bag or Ziploc I'd always carry with me just for those 2 items. Wash good when back to camp or home, and slice thin along with the tenderloins. Hot cast iron skillet with real butter, onions and fresh garlic. Pan fry quick and server with eggs,toast and hashbrowns or fried taters. Best camp breakfast you'll ever have after a successful hunt!:D