Opening day buck pole photo!!

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by HUBBHUNTER, Dec 10, 2008.

1. It was a slow day at my brothers with five guys hunting. This was the only deer shot before 12:00pm on 11/15/08.

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Nice tall rack on that buck there. Looks like a 2.5 yo. What was the live weight on that one? :lol:

3. It goes to show that a little patience can be rewarded.:lol:

4. Looks to have been wounded by another hunter. Good job putting him out of his misery.:D

5. Looks like rigormortis set in real quick on him!!!New way to tie them up as well!!

6. judging by the size.... you should have let that one go! Shame on you for shooting a 1.5.... geesh!

thats funny!

I did something similar... last day light of gun season last year, there were bunnies sitting in front of me so I nailed one and when my dad and sister got to me thinking I got a deer, I showed em the blood where the "deer" had flopped a couple times... told em it dropped up ahead and I already had my rope on it (which I did) and we laughed as I dragged the bunny up the hill to the house... we were gathered around the "deer" at the hanging pole, and when mom came out with the camera (as with tradition)... she was very disappointed when we all stepped aside and there was a bunny, er "deer" hanging there. Always good for a laugh.

7. Look how yellow his antlers are they must have been baiting him with corn:lol::lol::lol::lol:

8. I don't think he'll even go 50 lbs. dressed. :(

GH

9. I have no doubt it came in to a decoy doe set-up:D!

10. I had a friend that had a big deer camp in the Hillman area around 1999. They still go up there (State Land) every year. I came over the day after the opener to find that the only deer hanging in the tree was an old John Deere lawn tractor :lol:. Needless to say, that group of hunter's drank more then they hunted.:lol: Rumor has it that they met some guy at the bar that had a broke down lawn tractor that he wanted to "sell". The drunk guys got directions from him and left the bar before he did and threw it in the truck. That was the one and only day I hunted with them..... headed home the next afternoon:lol:.

11. SmittySlayer

SmittySlayer Banned

I don't see a tag on it.

12. It would be easier to field dress him before you hanging him upside down.:sad:

13. Looks like it took a lot of shots to get that one to go down. :lol:

14. If you look real close, *someone* had been practicing head shots on that deer. Next time, bring your own beer!:lol: